Firefly Open Source Community

Title: Screen Scale in RK3288 [Print This Page]

Author: jvasanthan    Time: 12/6/2016 17:44
Title: Screen Scale in RK3288
Hi,

I am using Android lollipop in firefly RK3288. We are connecting firefly to a HDMI touch screen.
Sometimes in few of our screen the visual goes out of screen and we use Settings->Display->Screenscale option to bring it to normal. The issue is after reboot the scale settings are getting reset.

How to make firefly to remember the screen scale settings.

Author: mo123    Time: 12/6/2016 23:11
You can build a kernel with a default screen scale that you need.
In SDK/kernel/drivers/video/rockchip/hdmi/rockchip-hdmi.h you can set the screen scale 99%, 95% etc. that fits your needs.
It should also be possible to change the screen scale in the build.prop file but maybe someone else knows how to do it.

Author: jvasanthan    Time: 12/13/2016 18:01
Hi,

The issue is we have different screen scale for different monitors, it is impossible to make a change in the kernel for each screen.FF already has a screen scale settings but the settings are not stored thats the problem.
Author: isle    Time: 12/14/2016 09:50
Hi javasanthan
  Yes,we designed the screen scale setting not stored.
  If you want to stored , just save the settings ,and then read the settings ,set it to work after the system is ready.
  that there is no much work to do .
Author: ron    Time: 12/26/2016 19:51
isle Posted at 12/14/2016 09:50
Hi javasanthan
  Yes,we designed the screen scale setting not stored.
  If you want to stored , ju ...

Hi Isle,

I had the same need to pre-set the screen scale and resolution.

Could you please elaborate a little bit details on how to "save the settings ,and then read the settings"? Is it done in App level or do I need to build it into the system.img?
Author: ron    Time: 12/26/2016 20:17
ron Posted at 12/26/2016 19:51
Hi Isle,

I had the same need to pre-set the screen scale and resolution.

I actually followed the instruction above to set the config in SDK/kernel/drivers/video/rockchip/hdmi/rk-hdmi.h to tune the default scale and hdmi_mode and re-build the kernel.img, system.img.  While it does nothing after I flashed the new image...

Welcome Firefly Open Source Community (https://bbs.t-firefly.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1