Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Firefly New DualBoot Firmware Release(Beta)

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 7/2/2016 00:04:52        Only Author  31#
Last edited by mac-l1 In 7/2/2016 04:59 Editor
ujerry Posted at 7/1/2016 18:44
Hi mac-l1 & Asuuga:
SD card support has fixed , the code has relepse to github.  
and the dts file ...
hi ujerry, asuuga,

great that you are working on this! tnx!
now sd card is detected but my ext4 partition is not recognized:
  1. [    4.317503] mmc_host mmc1: Bus speed (slot 0) = 50000000Hz (slot req 50000000Hz, actual 50000000HZ div = 0)
  2. [    4.317540] mmc1: new high speed SDHC card at address 0007
  3. [    4.317809] mmcblk1: mmc1:0007 SL32G 28.9 GiB
  4. [    4.318077]  mmcblk1: unknown partition table
Copy the code
@asuuga: regarding vpu:
1) a libhybris vpu solution cannot work because it needs a shared android/linux kernel (3.10) while this is an chromeos kernel (3.14) that isn't compatible with android system. therefore only two solutions are left for this kernel:
2) vcodec vpu_service solution (as used in android) and is already included in this kernel and activated, might also support hevc/h265 decoding; the vpu_service needs proprietary vpu user space libs for linux from rockchip
3) v4l2 vpu support as used in chromeos (basically a decent solution for linux) however haven't seen any hevc decoding  yet with these v4l2 drivers

right now i have experimented a bit with solution 2 and got my first h264 movie decoded with my own test_vpu software so in principle it works. however it is still a long way to zero-copy hw accelerated kodi...

cheers -- mac-l1

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 7/4/2016 17:54:38        Only Author  32#
mac-l1 Posted at 7/2/2016 00:04
hi ujerry, asuuga,

Hi mac-l1:
sd card support's bug had fix, kernel code had push to github today. a new verison.
now mali r9p0 is worked ok with libmali.x11 .
thx.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 00:38:10        Only Author  33#
Last edited by mo123 In 7/5/2016 02:18 Editor

Hi ujerry and Firefly members

Just some bug reports, hope someone can help or code can be updated to fix it perhaps?

1) When you click on network> then VPN, it says  "you need to set a lock screen PIN or password before you can use credential storage". Then if you click ok, you will get the option of which security to use. Choose PIN number. Then the on-screen keyboard pops up to enter a PIN number. If you click the down arrow key on the IR remote, you get the error "Unfortunately Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped)"
If you put in the pin number using an air mouse or keyboard, after that, the VPN Menu is just a blank white page. There are no VPN settings.

2) When you try to sign in to Google Play Store, when it says "by signing in, you agree to the terms of service and privacy policy", on the bottom right, there is a button "Accept". When you click the down arrow key on the IR remote, it does not go down to this button. This means you must have an air mouse or computer mouse to click "accept". Any solution to change in the SDK to allow the IR remote to go down and finish the Google Play Store setup without using an airmouse or USB keyboard?

I think the above 2 problems are because Android was made for touch screen phones and not properly adapted to work with IR remotes on other devices.
I hope there is a simple solution.

3. Firefly Reloaded - If using Firefly Reloaded kernel + resource.img and applying RKMC Kodi SDK patches to use RKMC Kodi, pass-through is not working in RKMC Kodi or other apps. By compiling a normal Firefly kernel + resource.img and using it on a Reloaded device then the pass-through works correctly.
Is there a solution or can someone look why HDMI-IN kernel & resource.img has a problem with normal pass-through sound not working perhaps? The same problem is also present on RK3288 HDMI-IN(Toshiba chip) tv box firmware & SDK.

4. Fireasy app doesn't work on IOS 9.3.
I don't know if it is still a problem on IOS 10?
On Android there are no problems.
Maybe Firefly team can test it on Android 4.4 firmware that has Fireasy app, code included or test on new Lollipop sources but just build with Fireasy support and test perhaps?

5. Also update new sources when released with latest HDMI code in kernel, latest 3D code, HDMI CEC support, miracast support, latest GPU drivers, latest HDMI/SPDIF sound drivers, latest hardware composer, latest camera and HDMI-IN drivers and latest wifi/ethernet drivers.

6. Some routers(mostly TP-Link) give problems with ethernet.
They disconnect and don't get a new IP correctly, something with DHCP.
I don't know if latest ethernet drivers from Realtek will help or other ethernet, DHCP, network code can be improved in the SDK perhaps?
It is best to increase DHCP timeout settings in router to several hours and use a static IP address.
Maybe a different rx delay in the dts file can make the ethernet more stable or something, I remember there was an old bug where ethernet only worked at 100mbps but after increasing the rx delay the speed went up to 1 gbps.
Are there perhaps other settings to make ethernet more stable even if sacrificing speed?

Suggested new Features
7. Latest Google security patches will be nice, it is still from December 2015.

8. Exra sound settings for USB devices like USB speakers and not route sound to eg. USB airmouses with built-in microphones.

9. IR Remote with key repeat support, eg. you hold in left or right key and then the movement is repeated so you can more easily navigate and browse through the app drawer or Android menus much faster than pressing the navigation buttons manually multiple times.

10. Extra info display like CPU temp, CPU usage, free RAM, used RAM in eg. top bar that can be turned on/off.

11. Android RK ffmpeg support for Movian Android Media Player app.
https://movian.tv/projects/movian
https://github.com/andoma/movian/tree/master
At the moment 4K videos are not playing smooth and videos are not playing fully hardware accelerated.
Any way to improve this open source media player app on Firefly RK3288 devices will be a great added feature.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 13:14:41        Only Author  34#
ujerry Posted at 7/4/2016 17:54
Hi mac-l1:
sd card support's bug had fix, kernel code had push to github today. a new verison.
n ...

hi ujerry,
great that you fixed sd card! tnx!
and for mali r9p0: do i also need a different libmali.so file?
can you share it? that would be great, tnx!
cheers -- mac-l1

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 13:26:24        Only Author  35#
Last edited by mac-l1 In 7/5/2016 13:33 Editor
mo123 Posted at 6/24/2016 14:04
Hi Mac_L1

Here is Rockchip's Android Kodi.

hi mo123,

forgot to reply: i am afraid i cannot use this for linux kodi with this kernel because it is a lot of android specific code using android specific libraries. the only way would be the use libhybris but that would require the same android kernel also for linux, i.e. v3.10. right now linux uses a different kernel, i.e. the chromeos kernel (3.14).
it might also be possible if somebody got android running on kernel 3.14. i noticed several kernel 3.14 android releases for rk3288 on rockchips githubs and even kernel 4.4, that are probably used to get android apps running on chromeos like on rk3288 chomebook flip http://www.bitkistl.com/2016/06/working-android-apps-on-chromebook-flip.html (android M) i actually would expect that these chromeos images could run on firefly with the right 3.14 kernel, similar like the current firefly linux one.

cheers -- mac-l1

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 16:01:47        Only Author  36#
mac-l1 Posted at 7/2/2016 00:04
hi ujerry, asuuga,

Hi mac-l1,

Thank you for your  answer.
About solution 2, you managed to do your decoding just by looking in the vcodec source code ? Also, I believe that you are aware of this github repository : https://github.com/rockchip-linux/ffmpeg. For what I understood, this code and the libraries given are for Linux (there is even an X11 decode example). But I don't know which kernel drivers are needed. What do you think we are lacking to run this code properly ?

About solution 3, we also need proprietary userspace libraries from Rockchip, correct ?

And a more general question for the Firefly team : why are you using a 3.14 kernel as the development from Rockchip seems to be focusing on 4.4 (https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel) ?

Thank you !

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 16:40:04        Only Author  37#
Hi Asuuga
     we are using 3.14 kernel because It's more stable than 4.4, It  is base on rockchip's chromeos kernel .
     Right now the 4.4 kernel has much work  to do. and we will change to 4.4 when it's get more stable.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 17:27:28        Only Author  38#
mac-l1 Posted at 7/5/2016 13:14
hi ujerry,
great that you fixed sd card! tnx!
and for mali r9p0: do i also need a different libm ...

Hi mac-l1:
I did not update libmali.so , still the r6p0, arm haven't release r9p0 libmali.so for x11.
for the profermance, disabled dvfs seens no effert , maybe something else need to improve.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 20:08:17        Only Author  39#
isle Posted at 7/5/2016 16:40
Hi Asuuga
     we are using 3.14 kernel because It's more stable than 4.4, It  is base on rockchip' ...

Ok, thank you isle !

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 7/6/2016 04:25:27        Only Author  40#
isle Posted at 6/27/2016 09:24
Hi guys,
the kernel source code is here : https://github.com/T-Firefly/firefly-3.14-kernel
and th ...

Hi isle,
Can you also share your armsoc driver sources on github and also libdrm sources that you used?
Would be great! Tnx!
Cheers -- mac-l1

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list