Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Firefly New DualBoot Firmware Release(Beta)

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 6/20/2016 15:40:05      1#
Hi isle

I send you PM's.
Please see if it can help

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 6/24/2016 14:04:22      2#
Hi Mac_L1

Here is Rockchip's Android Kodi.
https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC/commits/Jarvis

I don't know if it will help with Linux Kodi perhaps?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 7/5/2016 00:38:10      3#
Last edited by mo123 In 7/5/2016 02:18 Editor

Hi ujerry and Firefly members

Just some bug reports, hope someone can help or code can be updated to fix it perhaps?

1) When you click on network> then VPN, it says  "you need to set a lock screen PIN or password before you can use credential storage". Then if you click ok, you will get the option of which security to use. Choose PIN number. Then the on-screen keyboard pops up to enter a PIN number. If you click the down arrow key on the IR remote, you get the error "Unfortunately Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped)"
If you put in the pin number using an air mouse or keyboard, after that, the VPN Menu is just a blank white page. There are no VPN settings.

2) When you try to sign in to Google Play Store, when it says "by signing in, you agree to the terms of service and privacy policy", on the bottom right, there is a button "Accept". When you click the down arrow key on the IR remote, it does not go down to this button. This means you must have an air mouse or computer mouse to click "accept". Any solution to change in the SDK to allow the IR remote to go down and finish the Google Play Store setup without using an airmouse or USB keyboard?

I think the above 2 problems are because Android was made for touch screen phones and not properly adapted to work with IR remotes on other devices.
I hope there is a simple solution.

3. Firefly Reloaded - If using Firefly Reloaded kernel + resource.img and applying RKMC Kodi SDK patches to use RKMC Kodi, pass-through is not working in RKMC Kodi or other apps. By compiling a normal Firefly kernel + resource.img and using it on a Reloaded device then the pass-through works correctly.
Is there a solution or can someone look why HDMI-IN kernel & resource.img has a problem with normal pass-through sound not working perhaps? The same problem is also present on RK3288 HDMI-IN(Toshiba chip) tv box firmware & SDK.

4. Fireasy app doesn't work on IOS 9.3.
I don't know if it is still a problem on IOS 10?
On Android there are no problems.
Maybe Firefly team can test it on Android 4.4 firmware that has Fireasy app, code included or test on new Lollipop sources but just build with Fireasy support and test perhaps?

5. Also update new sources when released with latest HDMI code in kernel, latest 3D code, HDMI CEC support, miracast support, latest GPU drivers, latest HDMI/SPDIF sound drivers, latest hardware composer, latest camera and HDMI-IN drivers and latest wifi/ethernet drivers.

6. Some routers(mostly TP-Link) give problems with ethernet.
They disconnect and don't get a new IP correctly, something with DHCP.
I don't know if latest ethernet drivers from Realtek will help or other ethernet, DHCP, network code can be improved in the SDK perhaps?
It is best to increase DHCP timeout settings in router to several hours and use a static IP address.
Maybe a different rx delay in the dts file can make the ethernet more stable or something, I remember there was an old bug where ethernet only worked at 100mbps but after increasing the rx delay the speed went up to 1 gbps.
Are there perhaps other settings to make ethernet more stable even if sacrificing speed?

Suggested new Features
7. Latest Google security patches will be nice, it is still from December 2015.

8. Exra sound settings for USB devices like USB speakers and not route sound to eg. USB airmouses with built-in microphones.

9. IR Remote with key repeat support, eg. you hold in left or right key and then the movement is repeated so you can more easily navigate and browse through the app drawer or Android menus much faster than pressing the navigation buttons manually multiple times.

10. Extra info display like CPU temp, CPU usage, free RAM, used RAM in eg. top bar that can be turned on/off.

11. Android RK ffmpeg support for Movian Android Media Player app.
https://movian.tv/projects/movian
https://github.com/andoma/movian/tree/master
At the moment 4K videos are not playing smooth and videos are not playing fully hardware accelerated.
Any way to improve this open source media player app on Firefly RK3288 devices will be a great added feature.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 7/10/2016 23:51:17      4#
Any updates for firmware or SDK on Bitbucket to be released soon?

Also try to add better spam detection to the forum since lots of users try to spam it regularly.
Can also try to make the captcha code more difficult and make users wait 30 seconds between posts.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 7/16/2016 11:23:08      5#
Hi
I see new Firefly sources were released for Android.
Does it also work for Firefly Reloaded or are there still new code for Firefly Reloaded to be updated since it only contain pre-updated code for Firefly Reloaded?

Can you also add enable PIP, change PIP size, change PIP position settings shortcuts to the power button long press menu for Firefly Reloaded?
It would be much easier to access then to use the menu button or to open the HDMI-IN app first.
HDMI-IN app window should also use transparent black, grey colors to see background behind it.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list