Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Fireduino using linux.

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Fireduino using linux.

Posted at 11/4/2016 17:57:39      View:7897 | Replies:10        Print     [Copy Link] 1#
During the kickstarter campaign the Firefly team said the folloing about OS Suppport
Arduino IDE Plug-in on Fireduino is support Windows and Linux now,we are trying let it also can supported on OSX.Thank you.

I'm on linux.  How do I get things working.  The downloads page has an empty 'Firduino driver' folder and the 'Arduino IDE' download seems to be windows only.

Linux instructions please!

Owen

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/4/2016 18:46:45      2#
OK - I've got a little further.  So I already have Arduino IDE linux installed (from Arduino website).  As mentioned above the drivers download folder is empty - so I'm hoping this is not required for linux.

I've followed the rest of the windows instructions. i.e. Open Arduino IDE. Click File > Preferences and paste in the Fireduino board manager URL (http://www.t-firefly.com/downloa ... ireduino_index.json).  I then went to  Tools > Boards > Board Manager and installed fireduino board (55 Mb install).  

I have problems with the final step.  When I go to Tools > Boards >  Fireduino. - it shows the following error (twice)
  1. Invalid library found in /home/owilliams/.arduino15/packages/Firefly/hardware/arm/1.3.0/libraries/LobotServoController: /home/owilliams/.arduino15/packages/Firefly/hardware/arm/1.3.0/libraries/LobotServoController
Copy the code

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/4/2016 19:09:04      3#
I am starting to think its a driver issue.  I can get rid of the library error above easily enough (by deleting the LobotServeroController directory) but the Tools > Port is still greyed.  I also don't see an additional usb device when I plugin the board.  The board gets power (I can see red light and flashing blue and yellow light).

When I plug in a Uno board lsusb shows an additional usb device.  When I plug in the fireduino board lsusb shows no additional device.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/9/2016 03:09:31      4#
This forum doesn't seem to be monitored by firefly.  Poor.

Some windows drivers have been put here: https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... gAqAcm5aZ1loVHNTZ0U but I haven't tried them.

Still waiting for the promised linux driver.  A bit dubious because it doesn't even show up as an unrecognised usb device.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list