Windows 10 and Fireduino

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/15/2016 03:31:37     
Last edited by wayne In 11/15/2016 03:34 Editor

Cannot install the Fireduino drivers in Windows 10.

It states: Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.
Hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file.
Tried both the Window7 and the Windows8 versions.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/16/2016 00:52:51     
i'm getting the same issue and i've done everything explained in the email they sent..
can't get it to work on my windows 10 pc either.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/19/2016 11:34:23     
You have to disable driver signing in windows 8 and windows 10 - install the the windows 8 drivers that are provided.  Google how to disable the driver signing, there are lots of websites that tell how to do it.  - I had to do the "push hold reset" "push hold upgrade" "release reset" then "release upgrade" to get Windows to install the drivers, then I had to do it again, adding one more "reset push" to get the serial drivers to install. The serial port drivers took a little while for me. You also have to run the Arduino IDE as "administrator".

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/22/2016 01:18:13     
The team sent the solution for windows 10 driver install but did not update the form.

Here is the link for the solution.

http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/Fireduino/Current_bug/en

it worked great. I chose x64 then let it decide win7 or win8.
I had to load the link on my phone because it requires rebooting of PC.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/24/2016 00:10:05     
Hi!
I managed to install the divers on Windows 10, but now there's no serial port (so I can basically do nothing )
What can I do?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/24/2016 01:57:46     
hold reset, push and hold upgrade, release reset, release upgrade, wait a few seconds, push reset again.  After a few more seconds windows should start to install the serial driver (mine just installed generic drivers which did work).  Every now and then I have to do the reset/upgrade button thing to get both my Windows machine, and my Linux machine to see the serial port - not sure why.  On both Windows and Linux the IDE needs to be ran as administrator.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/24/2016 05:33:24     
Last edited by BlueFRJ In 11/24/2016 06:36 Editor

I tried that but for some reason it doesn't detect it.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/1/2017 01:22:10     
Last edited by keemal In 1/1/2017 15:15 Editor

Windows 10 sees the device , not even making a sound when connecting the USB cable.
Tried everything as described above - does not change . In the IDE there is no port.

I found a solution . After installing the ROCKCHIP USB as mentioned above we still have to install the driver USB - Serial , but in WINDOWS 10 task Manager appears an unknown device ,update driver. So install the driver by force , turning off first, as previously mentioned signature - click on the driver, right-click and WINDOWS offers to install it . After you install Windows begins to see the device.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/2/2017 14:51:52     
Although the connection problem more or less solved, new problems have emerged.
Not working Serial.print(). For example, take your example from the WIKI FERDUINO ADVANCED - TF read-write ( there is an error in the code in two places it is necessary to replace root - file)- after running the program a port monitor, not what is displayed !!! I wrote the code with just the conclusion of any word in monitor port or what not is displayed !! Where you have displayed with the Serial.print ? Or all the same drivers for Win10 is not full ?
By the way, I've rewritten the code output for I2C LCD - the text was displayed, but there was another problem - you do not have a library TF - sd card which sees the Arduino is not initialized in Fireduino out all the stops on TF begin(). Tell me what to do ? Can't what to do with your device - your library does not work !

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/17/2017 18:42:50     
For anybody else having issues with getting FireDuino working on Windows 10 I've worked out a process that has worked for me on two separate Windows 10 systems with two Fireduino boards and another user has also tried it successfully.

1. Turn off checking for driver signatures (http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/Fireduino/Current_bug/en )
2. Follow the instructions up until after the RockUSB driver is installed.
3. Open the Arduino IDE as Administrator. Your need the Arduino IDE from FireFly or you'll have to configure it yourself.
4. Set the board as Fireduino and forget the comm port (there wont be one).
5. Compile a blank sketch (or blink) and about half way through the compile put the board into the firmware upgrade mode (http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/Fireduino/upgrade_Firmware/en ).
    * I could not get it to connect if I reset it before upgrading like they say.
6. If the boards serial gets recognized by windows about the time it goes to upload the it will work. You will also find you now have the USB to serial in the Windows devices. It may have the Other Devices->Fireduino as they say in the doco (I may have already installed it) which case follow the instructions to install the FireDuino USB to Serial drivers.
7. Update your boards firmware as per the wiki (http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/Fireduino/upgrade_Firmware/en)
Next time you want to upload you may need to disconnect the USB and reconnect it. This isn't every time but almost every time.

Also note that if your testing it and don't get the serial output in the Arduino serial monitor add while(!Serial); after the Serial. begin(115200); line. It will tell the code to wait for a serial connection before beginning.

Use props Report

Return to List
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list