Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Ubuntu Graphics Acceleration

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/17/2017 20:24:31        Only Author  11#
Thanks. May I know if the Odroid performs better with 2D graphics than the Firefly board? From the video, looks like it doesn't have any problem doing hardware decoding of videos.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 4/20/2017 00:00:04        Only Author  12#
Hi AussieJohn.
I'm very interesting to install CentOS in one Low power consuming for WEBhost propose. You know some good Board for this??
Best Regards

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/28/2017 09:59:13        Only Author  13#
i use my odroid xu4 for a variety of uses and so far video playback has been very good, no noticable stutters or anything like that, runs emulators etc pretty decent too.
now i haven't done any direct comparisons between the XU4 and firefly, on paper the firefly has a better graphics core however without the support of decent drivers the odroid XU4 will outperform it currently. this will change should the firefly get real gfx driver support in the future. still the XU4 right now should do what you want, its fast, uses the big.Little cpu core structure for optimum power usage and has usb3 x2 as well as upgradable emmc flash modules. it uses the same cpu as the Samsung galaxy note 3 (if memory serves correct)

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 5/1/2017 22:18:54        Only Author  14#
AussieJohn Posted at 4/28/2017 09:59
i use my odroid xu4 for a variety of uses and so far video playback has been very good, no noticable ...

Thanks for the info. It is very helpful. Let me try out XU4.

Use props Report

Return to List
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list