Print Previous Topic Next Topic

RK3399 M.2 SATA

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 5/10/2017 19:03:16      1#
Just to note, Firefly's M.2-Sata adapter works nicely with my 2.5" harddrive here. I'm of course working with a mainline kernel, but remember even the vendor kernel that was on the board before did recognize the harddrive with the adapter.

Also the actual sata support seems to be sitting on the adapter board, as there is that unlabeled 48-pin IC on it, which according to lspci is a
01:00.0 IDE interface: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1061 SATA IDE Controller (rev 02)

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 5/11/2017 20:31:26      2#
Correct, the adapter from the shop. The firefly devicetree will make its way into kernel 4.13, so some time next week take linux-next, the arm64 "defconfig", enable rockchip pcie options (ip block and phy I thing) and just build a kernel using your favorite arm64 cross compiler.

You might also want to drop the vendor uboot and move the something resembling mainline. Rockchip arm64, atf and firefly patches are still in-flight, so I've collected the necessary things and am using https://github.com/mmind/u-boot- ... /tmp/rk3399-firefly right now. With that you can just use extlinux to boot things from usb-devices, emmc or whatever.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 5/15/2017 15:32:16      3#
Sure. But please keep in mind that this is stuff that "works for me" and I don't plan on doing support on it. Also you might want to adapt the "defconfig" to include rockchip_pcie and rockchip pcie-phy drivers.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 5/22/2017 03:25:01      4#
With 4.12-rc1 being released I've included my devicetree branches in next now, so yes the dts is in next now. You still will need to enable the appropriate config options though.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list