Print Previous Topic Next Topic

(x)ubuntu images on Google Drive

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

(x)ubuntu images on Google Drive

Posted at 5/15/2017 03:50:35      View:4690 | Replies:4        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hi - I see the devs posting quite regular new RK3399 ubuntu/xubuntu images to the Google Drive.  Is there a changelog?  Is it worth re-flashing?  Are any of the updates beyond what you'll get with apt update/upgrade?  Thanks.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 5/15/2017 09:37:16        Only Author  2#
I've flashed all the images on google drive and the most recent xubuntu image from baidu and no functionality was added from what I could tell except kernel on the baidu image is a higher revision. I think the google drive images are actually older than the one that came pre-flashed on the board I bought. There was an ethernet bug that got fixed that I'm sure of on the google drive images but I did not do a thorough investigation.

rockchip-linux github also does not seem to add any functionality on top of what the firefly team's release images have either, but I've heard that some things such as the PCIe phy will have better support when the next kernel is pushed to linux-next this week.

From what I can gather, we just have to wait for now, this is a new SOC and a new development board. Exciting things are happening with google chrome on this SOC but those are also not mainstream yet.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 5/15/2017 22:57:14        Only Author  3#
hi, can you please explain how to flash an img? i somehow don't get smart with their explanation.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 5/16/2017 09:57:57        Only Author  4#

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 2/14/2018 07:56:56        Only Author  5#
You need Rockhip's Linux Upgrade Tool, latest version I found is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7HO8lbGgAqAendKNTZMQlBXS2c/view

The zip contains a binary "upgrade_tool"  (command line, no gui) with which you can directly flash the images like you find them here (after unpacking them from the zips):

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1hsOCOJU ... 2FFirmware%2FUbuntu

like so:

1. sudo ./upgrade_tool uf Firefly-RK3399_xubuntu1604_201711301130.img
Copy the code

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list