Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic

KODI 17.3 for debian stretch and rockchip kernel 4.4+ (HW accelerated - VPU+GPU)

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 6/6/2017 18:11:25     
Last edited by mac-l1 In 6/7/2017 17:00 Editor

KODI 17.3 for debian stretch and rockchip kernel 4.4+
TESTRELEASE: uses hardware acceleration for video decoding (VPU) and video rendering (GLES/zerocopy)
THANKS TO: @Kwiboo for sharing his kodi and kernel work, @LongChair for his ffmpeg/rkmpp work and the rockchip guys @wzyy2, @stdint/@ayaka

hi all, this kodi release can be installed by
  1. wget -O- http://mac-l1.com/kodi/install_kodi.sh|bash
Copy the code
can someone check if it runs and let me know?

cheers and have fun! -- mac-l1

Note: this needs a recent rockchip kernel and debian release, see: http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.p ... 1952&extra=page%3D1

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 6/26/2017 01:19:19     
Hi mac-l1,

I installed and it worked mostly. Only problem is that I cannot enable PVR.
It seems that I am missing the related packages and when I try to install them I get the following:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi-pvr-iptvsimple : Depends: kodi-api-pvr (= 5.2.1)

Of course kodi-api-pvr is not available in repositories.

Is it possible to fix this somehow?

Thank you!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 6/27/2017 03:18:36     
I tried to compile iptvsimple from git directly on the Firefly but unfortunately I get this message:

pvr.iptvsimple version 3.0.6 is incompatible

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 6/28/2017 02:28:58     
Last edited by zeno In 6/28/2017 02:30 Editor

Hi,

in case someone is interested, there is a way to install iptvsimple.
Basically, after installing the pckage of mac-l1, if you try to enable iptvsimple from the GUI as everywhere is suggested, you hit a wall... the reason is that the Mac-l1 package is not incuding the PVR addons.

What I did at first was to compile by myself pvr iptvsimple from the GIT. Unfortunately in this way you get the very latest version (3.0.6) that is not compatible with Kodi Kryptonite.

If you try to install the package kodi-pvr-iptvsimple directly from Debian you end up needing to remove the lovely mac-l1 package and install the "standard" kodi packed with Debian... this is not 100% bad but you will not get the proper hardware acceleration that is given by mac-l1 deb.

The solution is quite easy...
The best you can do is to start downloading (not install!!) kodi-pvr-iptvsimple package from debian repository:

1.     apt-get download kodi-pvr-iptvsimple
Copy the code

At this point you have to force the installation of the package without checking dependecies:

1. sudo dpkg -i --force-depends kodi-pvr-iptvsimple_2.4.4+git20161211-1_armhf.deb
Copy the code

After that you can start Kodi, enable iptvsimple addon and enjoy!!

Once again, thanks a lot to mac-l1 for this package. I tested a high resolution movie with Kodi installed from Debian repository and with the mac-l1 package and I can tell you that the CPU is used much much less with the mac-l1 one!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 8/12/2017 07:56:40     
Thank you guys for all these efforts.
I installed Kodi 17.3 (mac-l1)on Debian Stretch with kernel compiled from Rockchip-Linux repository.

All are good except I only have SPDIF option for sound.
It's probably issue with device tree not having the HDMI sound implemented as I saw somewhere else, there is a patch for firefly-reload which fixed this issue on Reload but not Firefly normal edition.
Have you guys have found any solution for that?

In case you want to have a look and see if HDMI sound is enabled in kernel device tree here is exact link to device tree file:
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel/blob/release-4.4/arch/arm/boot/dts/rk3288-firefly.dtsi

(Sound starts at line 179)

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 10/1/2017 21:21:00     
sghazagh Posted at 8/12/2017 07:56
Thank you guys for all these efforts.
I installed Kodi 17.3 (mac-l1)on Debian Stretch with kernel c ...

Honestly I am using the debian stretch mentioned here and everything is working, including audio output from HDMI.

One thing I noticed is that if you upgrade the X.org server to the latest debian version Kodi stops working. In case someone did upgrade, you can manually "revert" back to the working X.org version:

1. $ wget https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rk-rootfs-build/blob/master/packages/armhf/xserver/xserver-xorg-core_1.19.3-1_armhf.deb?raw=true

2. $ wget https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rk-rootfs-build/blob/master/packages/armhf/xserver/xserver-common_1.19.3-1_all.deb?raw=true

3. $sudo dpkg -i xserver*.deb

Copy the code

Enjoy!

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list