Print Previous Topic Next Topic

news?

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

news?

Posted at 8/26/2017 08:14:35      View:2590 | Replies:4        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
so what is going on with development on this board? The add says "vulkan support," but there is none. What is happening with the drivers? Are we going to see something soon? Seriously what is going on with this? I have been searching for any info that I can find, but have found nothing. Any insight is welcome. Thanks

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 8/26/2017 15:14:16        Only Author  2#
To be honest, I'm slowly starting to regret buying the board and the eDP screen - there's little to no support offered to those, other than once-released firmware that can't even be worked on

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 8/28/2017 10:24:13        Only Author  3#
Hi guys,
Yes, the vulkan has been supported in android 7.1 on firefly-rk33399. Did you have any problem?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 8/28/2017 18:08:17        Only Author  4#
Last edited by ampstar In 8/28/2017 18:25 Editor

When I try running the vulkan caps viewer it comes up with "no vulkan supported gpu found." https://github.com/SaschaWillems/VulkanCapsViewer.
And when I attempt to run dolphin with the Vulkan backend I get "error could not load Vulkan libraries." Is there something that I'm missing? even though vulkan is "supported" do I still need to manually install those drivers? In what capacity do you say that Vulkan is supported? Where are the Firefly RK3399 specific drivers? I'm still pretty new to this BTW, and I'm looking for the layman's version, if possible, in regards to the info I have requested. I really would like to do some graphically intensive work with this board, but so far the Vulkan API is seemingly not available. The fact that this board has the Mali 864, and is capable of Vulkan is the only reason I purchased this board....... because it fit my purposes. It seems a little disappointing. Again, I may be missing something. Let me know what I need to do in order to activate whatever I need to activate to get this working.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 8/28/2017 18:19:41        Only Author  5#
Also, When I check the Vulkan website for ARM boards that have support the only Firefly device is the RK3288. The 3399 is not mentioned anywhere.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list