Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Unable to Boot - maybe missing lib

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Unable to Boot - maybe missing lib

Posted at 12/17/2014 09:45:53      View:4304 | Replies:5        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hi there,
I recently received my FireFly board and have been having fun with it - great product you guys.
While installing some 'special' software I think I accidentally deleted an important file from /lib/.  Anyway now the device is stuck in an endless fatal error-reboot cycle.  How can I log in by the console to try to fix?
Also the partitions have different names from other sources on the web.  Where can I find the descriptions for the names?  e.g. is 'metadata' the 'parameter' partition?
Any help would be much appreciated.  I would like to recover if I can before I reflash and start again.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/17/2014 10:03:53        Only Author  2#
could you show me the log?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/17/2014 10:21:54        Only Author  3#
I can only see the reboot cycle from the serial console and I have not worked out how to capture the data yet. I am looking for a way to stop the endless reboot cycle so I can investigate. I did notice an error message something like - failed to sync - and trying to kill init. Sorry I can not be more helpful that that. Also heading off on holiday shortly so might have to resolve in the new year.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/17/2014 22:58:56        Only Author  4#

If it is just rebooting (same as my board) the just hold the recovery button until the bootloop detects it.

To capture the console log, use linux and set the terminal to 1000 lines or like me: endless lines.

Then mark, copy, paste

Astralix

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/18/2014 09:57:19        Only Author  5#

You can use kermit, and run the log session command to get the log.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 12/18/2014 10:49:27        Only Author  6#

You may also use "cat /proc/kmsg > /path/to/save.log &" by terminal, then reset system and copy save.log to PC.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list