Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Do these Mali-760 video drivers work for the Firefly?

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Do these Mali-760 video drivers work for the Firefly?

Posted at 12/19/2014 01:13:53      View:4176 | Replies:2        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
On github I was able to find a chromeOS overlay for the RK3288. In there where binary Linux user space video drivers for the RK3288. I can't test them because I don't own a Firefly. The main reason I was hesitant about getting one was the lack of video drivers. As long as the kernel module is compiled in the kernel then this could just be copied over. There is also this repo which is just for installing the driver. Any feedback would be great.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/19/2014 04:50:00        Only Author  2#
I think its too early to tell because a working kernel needs to made and the X driver built and then tested against the libraries. This will only give GPU acceleration (egl/gles) and I'm not convinced the X driver supports any extensions for 2D acceleration. Furthermore this doesn't cover VPU support, so at this stage it all looks interesting but nothing concrete.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/31/2014 10:08:42        Only Author  3#

On github I was able to find a chromeOS overlay for the RK3288. In there where binary Linux user space video drivers for the RK3288. I can't test them because I don't own a Firefly. The main reason I was hesitant about getting one was the lack of video drivers. As long as the kernel module is compiled in the kernel then this could just be copied over. There is also this repo which is just for installing the driver. Any feedback would be great.

The VPU/GPU driver will be ported to Firefly. You can get it to test the chrome OS.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list