Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Hardware] EMMC booting issues

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

【Hardware】 EMMC booting issues

Posted at 5/31/2018 00:44:08      View:4159 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Had the ROC now for about 2 months.. just got the emmc from libre.. using the flashing tool for windows using type A to type A usb cable.. I am able to see it as Maskrom.. and only Maskrom (wont change to anything else no matter how long I press that button).. installed the 05-14-2018 new Ubuntu image (btw was a real hassle to download, download connections droped a lot) and even older images.. Everyting installs ok..

Download Boot Start
Download Boot Success
Wait for Maskrom Start
Wait for Maskrom Success
Download Roc-RK33XXXXXXXXXXXXXX-20180514.IMG
Download image OK

When I go to boot from eMMC the thing just sits there.. Red and green light are on instead of (RED)..
When I boot with SD card it works perfectly.. and I can see the emmc partitions when I boot into Ubuntu..

I haven't had any luck booting just with the eMMC..
btw using all windows tools.. etcher for SD and Android tool for non android for emmc..

Anybody has any clues whats going on??

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 8/30/2018 04:23:52        Only Author  2#
You could try this https://github.com/armbian/config. You can add it to your OS but, you will need the dependencies (you will need to find working ones or add ppas) If  that's too complicated. It's built into Armbian. You boot OS on SD. Then Run Armbianconfig. You can install to USB3 or EMMC. I'm using a HD dock/hub. It's fast but, the OS is still in development, as are all the OS's. Itried USB3 memory stick too (get one with heat synks and no case it gets hot!!!). Way faster than EMMC It uses the SD for the boot record then boots the OS.from where you moved it too.
It will be a while until you can get a supported OS. Donations to Firefly or your preferred OS could help speed things along. I'm just waiting patently like you. I have no connection to anyone. I just own the board lol

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list