Print Previous Topic Next Topic

ready-to-go debian image

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

ready-to-go debian image

Posted at 12/27/2014 07:33:24      View:7559 | Replies:11        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#

Hello all,

Is there any way or plan to download/prepare a debian distro for the firefly?

Is there anyone who can point me to docs where is explained how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Zeno

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/27/2014 12:57:00        Only Author  2#

I second that.? I don't want Android, and I much prefer straight Debian over Ubuntu.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/27/2014 17:14:18        Only Author  3#

Hey mate,

I see in a previous post you self prepared the ubuntu rootfs.didn't you try to follow same steps to build a debian one?

Do you think you can have a try?

I still don't have the board to have a look and i am actually scared to buy one because i definitely don't like ubuntu as I will run it as a server

Cheers,

Zz

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/30/2014 09:49:33        Only Author  4#
Someone have already run the Debian on Firefly.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/30/2014 15:27:33        Only Author  5#
Hi Andy,

I am sure that someone already did it. I ordered my board  yesterday and will run debian as well . In the meantime maybe you can tell us who prepared the installation so we can get in touch with her/him?

BTW when I will manage to have debian working I will share a .img file to have also other people enjoy the distro unless someone else will do it before me.

Cheeers.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 12/30/2014 15:52:16        Only Author  6#
waiting debian img

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/7/2015 10:50:17        Only Author  7#
I don't remember who, I just saw on a website before on occasionally. Maybe you can do it by yourself.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/10/2015 02:47:44        Only Author  8#

Hello all guys,

I am still trying to learn how to flash and create a complete img of Debian. In the meantime I prepared the .img for the Debian rootfs and I am sharing it with you guys.

You can download it from here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BBEm2bxK

Please pay attention to the following:

1) this is ONLY the rootfs. It doesn't have the boot.img or the kernel.img. If you would like to use this debian rootfs you can do like I did: just use the current partitions and  replace the current rootfs with the debian one. To achieve this goal you can simply use one of the tools that allow you to flash partitions.

2) I am providing you the steps I followed to install the rootfs but keep in mind that I did it on a board with a previous single O.S. installed (Lubuntu); so if you have a dual boot it might be a little bit different. Moreover I will provide steps I followed on a Debian host using Linux Upgrade Tool.

a) prepare a "parameter" text file based on the one that you are actually running (you can get your own file connecting and reading the board nand partitions with rkflashkit). The most important variable to change is the one that is reporting what will be the partition used for the rootfs. In my case, as I was running an image with only Ubuntu, I had to chage the variable to root=/dev/mmcblk0p5. If you like you can download my parameter file from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!QUknVChL.

b) once you have your parameter file, flash it with following command:

# upgrade_tool di -p parameter

c) you are now ready to flash the rootfs. Uncompress the file downloaded from the link above and then issue the following command:

# upgrade_tool di linuxroot debian_wheezy_ROOTFS_ffly.img

d) reboot the board and wait for the login prompt to appear on the screen. Just login as root, password firefly and immediately run this command from the prompt:

# resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p5 (obviously this partition might be different if your parameter file is different).

You are now ready to enjoy Debian Wheezy!!

Please remember that this is a very basic system. It doesn't have any X Server and it is configured to work only via ethernet (not WiFi). After you configure the eth0 you can install all packets you need to have a fully working system.

Enjoy!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 1/13/2015 11:31:18        Only Author  9#
try try!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/16/2015 16:08:47        Only Author  10#
The download site asks for a decryption key so I can't try your debian build.

Use props Report

Return to List
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list