Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[General] ADB connection with USB issue

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

【General】 ADB connection with USB issue

Posted at 8/15/2018 14:30:53      View:4915 | Replies:4        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hello Dear Technical Support!

We recently ( in the past month ) bught a Firefly-RK3399  development board ( http://shop.t-firefly.com/goods.php?id=45 ).
The device came with Android 7.1.1 OS on it and we wanted to use it through the Type-C usb connection as well – since adb over network can be unreliable as it disconnects within 20-30 minute on its own even though we got a stable ethernet connection up and running on the device.

The issue is that the device does not recognise the computer when connected to it ( We’ve tried connecting them through the provided Type-C cable without any luck ), charging over usb won’t show up either on the android notification bar, and we don’t see the device – not even as unrecognized – in the computer’s device manager or file explorer. The PC is running Windows 10, maybe this can also be an issue.
We would like to ask for your help in finding the solution to this problem – and if you have an idea why the firefly disconnects in 20 minutes after network connection to PC we’d be glad to know that too.
Below are the details of the firefly-RK3399 device and the steps taken / tried to make it work :
Firelfy-RK3399 specification :
•        Android 7.1.1 OS
•        Android Security patch level : February 5, 2017
•        Kernel version : 4.4.55 – omy@tchipserver2 #41 – Wed Jan 17 18:03:05 CST 2018
•        Build number : rk3399_firefly_box-userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26X eng.omy.20180117.180817 test-keys
•        Serial and IMEI number is unkown...

Steps Taken :
•        Tried connecting via other Type-C cable
•        Tried connecting through other USB port ( namely the USB 3.0 ) with a male-male USB cable
•        Installed supposed USB Driver for the device   - http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/download/3.html under Tools : DriverAssistant_v4.5
•        Reading through the wiki we tried Finding the Settings->USB->Connect to Pc option but we didn’t find the USB subcategory within settings

Looking forward to your answer,

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 8/16/2018 10:04:41        Only Author  2#
Last edited by leung先森 In 8/16/2018 10:05 Editor

Have you tried to upgrade the newest firmware ?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 8/20/2018 20:07:39        Only Author  3#

Have a similar issues with the shipped USB->USB-C cable. For me it does work by using a USB micro to USB-C.  Have you tried a USB-Micro cableplus a  sperate USB-Micro -> USB-C convertor?

At my side the bootloader does get detected with the USB-C cable, so this would point to something in the BSP. Have the same issue with the 7.1.2 firmwares

http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.p ... amp;highlight=USB-C

Any update from the FireFly team on this ?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 8/24/2018 09:29:31        Only Author  4#
dbe_dev Posted at 8/20/2018 20:07
Have a similar issues with the shipped USB->USB-C cable. For me it does work by using a USB micro  ...

I heard a lot about the usb-c convertor . It might be something not good for adb . I suggest you to use a good type-C cable insteal of usb-c convertor.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 8/28/2018 16:45:53        Only Author  5#
Well that is exactly the issue for me, using the USB-C (with firefly logo) cable as provided with the board does not work when the device is in Android. I would assume this is a propper usb->usb-c cable.  In the mean time I did find another usb-c cable that does work ,also the usb micro to USB-C adapters work.

Why does cable work when the board is in loader mode but not when it is in android mode ?
Does that mean the FireFly board is just shipped with a poor USB-C cable?

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list