Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Enable Gadget mode and setup Linux

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Enable Gadget mode and setup Linux

Posted at 10/29/2018 16:23:34      View:3828 | Replies:3        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hi!

Maybe someone can help me?

I need to setup Ubuntu for AIO-3399j board so it acts like Media Device whenever I plug USB3 cable into other PC or device as it is for Android image.

I already tried to activate g_mass_storage, but there is no kernel-headers for this Linux, so modprobe command is not working.

Also lsmod returns empty list.

Can somebody provide me steps how can I do this?

Thanks

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 10/30/2018 09:11:45        Only Author  2#
Setup Linux need to download ubuntu firmware from here
How to flash firmware http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/product/info/id/437.html
Tutorial AIO-3399j

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 10/30/2018 15:22:03        Only Author  3#
Last edited by istals In 10/30/2018 20:14 Editor
leung先森 Posted at 10/30/2018 09:11
Setup Linux need to download ubuntu firmware from here
How to flash firmware http://en.t-firefly.co ...

Yes that I already did, I configured docker with Ubuntu 16.04 and added all required libraries and cross compiler.
Then I switched to stable branch, because firefly documentation is wrong, they mentioned that they use firefly branch, but I found that kernel version in that branch is older than that in firmware.

I successfully compiled  kernel.img, resource.img with  using  rk3399-firefly-aio.dtb file ( make rk3399-firefly-aio.img -j4), but in documentation they have example with rk3399-firefly-aio-linux.dtb wich is not in kernel repository.

Then I tried to flash each NAND partition, but then my device is not booting anymore:
kernel.img -> kernel partition
resource.img -> resource partition
boot.img -> boot partition

I want enable g_mass_storage or use MTP device, so my ubuntu is detected as media device when I connect AIO 3399j board OTG to PC.

I saw that Raspberry Pi has good documentation for this, so I would appriciate somithing similar for firefly Linux - https://gist.github.com/gbaman/50b6cca61dd1c3f88f41

Can You please give me some hints?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 10/31/2018 16:55:09        Only Author  4#
istals Posted at 10/30/2018 15:22
Yes that I already did, I configured docker with Ubuntu 16.04 and added all required libraries and ...

1. You need to flash a ubuntu firmware for board. The software of the board is Android7.1 default.
2. Normally , kernel driver update just use kernel.img and resource.img , besides boot.img .
3. Ubuntu cannot support otg adb function , u can use ssh or else net tool to access the board.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list