Print Previous Topic Next Topic

A little confused

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

A little confused

Posted at 3/2/2019 11:33:45      View:5545 | Replies:6        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Yesterday I received the full package for the 3399 PC. It comes with the extension board, monitor, heat sink, 16 GB EMMC, etc.  I also received the NCCS 1 board and USB.

I cannot figure out how to mount the heat sink. It comes with two screws, but there are mounting holes on either board that lines up with the mounts.

I was able to burn the Ubuntu 18.04 image on a micro SSD.  I attached and configured the debug card.  I followed the instructions for flashing the board. I have no idea if it worked or not. There were not any light indicators.  I even tried plugging in the board. Nothing lights up. I cannot find anything in the manual about indicators. Is there any?

There is a slot for a battery on the board, but nothing to indicate the type and size.

The directions say to solder the EMMC, but it came with mounting screws and the only place where it could be mounted, is where the NCSS board is mounted.

I appreciate any help or guidance

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 3/2/2019 15:34:33        Only Author  2#
The heatsink installing direction, paying attention to the holes with red circle:

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 3/2/2019 15:48:44        Only Author  3#
I was able to burn the Ubuntu 18.04 image on a micro SSD. I attached and configured the debug card. I followed the instructions for flashing the board. I have no idea if it worked or not. There were not any light indicators. I even tried plugging in the board. Nothing lights up. I cannot find anything in the manual about indicators. Is there any?
There's a yellow LED on the bottom right of the board which is lit when entering into OS.

There is a slot for a battery on the board, but nothing to indicate the type and size.
The model of the battery is CR1220 .

The directions say to solder the EMMC, but it came with mounting screws and the only place where it could be mounted, is where the NCSS board is mounted.

The eMMC module and the NCSS board share the same extension interface. No soldering is required or possible I'm afraid.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 3/3/2019 10:54:32        Only Author  4#
Thank you for the information.  

Do you know where I can find English versions of the utilities?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 3/6/2019 10:28:33        Only Author  5#
Hi @hsedidin

Usually, there's an INI file containing the UI language configuration, quoting from the doc:

1. Locate the file named config.ini, and edit it by changing the 4th line from Selected=1 to Selected=2, in order to select English as the default user interface language.
Copy the code

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/25/2019 17:29:12        Only Author  6#
Can I access USB camera support for 3399-PC?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 3/27/2019 16:08:23        Only Author  7#
Hi @mj07, what problem did you come across?

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list