Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Can't run Google Play Store

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Can't run Google Play Store

Posted at 1/9/2015 21:37:27      View:15452 | Replies:8        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#

I have downloaded the latest Google Play Store App from
www.theandroidsoul.com
and installed the apk, but the Play Store app won't launch properly. It seems to start, but crashes or gets minimized right the way. It shows in the apps pane view, but cannot be maximized or used in any way.

I have reset Android, but problem persists. Also, the RK3288 board does not show up in my google account.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/10/2015 02:36:43        Only Author  2#
You are missing the google framework, download the latest cyanogen gapps zip and extract it. In the systems folder in what you extracted there is one called app-priv or priv-app I forget, copy the contents of that to the same folder in /system of your device and change the file permissions for each apk to rwrr.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/10/2015 03:44:49        Only Author  3#

i had also the same question.

Installing google store is something that should be done easily with detailed instructions on the website.

Not everybody of us is a developer.

So, i tried to follow above instructions. I installed es file explorer and tried to copy the files mentioned to system folder. But the device is not ROOTED, right? Es file explorer can't get root access.

How the hell am i gonna root the Firefly??

I bought the device because its characteristics appear awesome but the software and community isn't there yet. I hope i will not regret it. I have many android devices and raspberry pi. It's not my first device of its kind.

To website administrators:?Please write clear instructions on the website on how to root the device and how to install google apps.

PS: I'm also waiting hardware video acceleration and hevc on Ubuntu. Also hdmi CEC like raspberry pi and running kodi/openelec from sd (like rasberry) would be welcome.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/10/2015 06:00:14        Only Author  4#

there is a guide already that tells you how to easily root it, its the second post on the android forum

HERE

make sure to do a search first next time

this device literally just came out so you arent going to see a large community. There are a few of us doing work on it atm but give it time. Also ubuntu is being worked on, its not so much the dev team as rockchips fault for the lack of acceleration in ubuntu as up until recently it has not been supported. Rockchip has begun supporting efforts to mainline their CPUs so be patient.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/10/2015 17:11:43        Only Author  5#

Thanks a lot Echoa!

I confirm that the following directions on installing google play worked for me with root explorer.

Also rooting worked by following the directions you posted.

The web admins should post these directions somewhere centrally on the website to make the work easier for simple users.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/12/2015 05:23:12        Only Author  6#

I followed the instructions rooting the board and Root Explorer (3.1.8) tells me I have r/w access, but copying files through adb push to ?system/priv-app stalls on the first file with "failed to copy 'priv-app/Velvet.apk...: Read-only file system

What am I doing wrong?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/12/2015 05:45:32        Only Author  7#
Ok, it worked now. Pushed the files to internal_sd/Downloads and then copied them to priv-app via Root Explorer.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 3/24/2017 18:43:04        Only Author  8#
Echoa Posted at 1/10/2015 06:00
there is a guide already that tells you how to easily root it, its the second post on the android  ...

hi, the link you put it here doesn't work. are you able to send another link?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 6/9/2017 17:54:21        Only Author  9#

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list