Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Hardware] Wifi driver for TP-Link TL-WN722N v2 in Ubuntu and Android Source

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

【Hardware】 Wifi driver for TP-Link TL-WN722N v2 in Ubuntu and Android Source

Posted at 6/18/2019 17:22:48      View:4105 | Replies:2        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
USB wifi device is not detected in the Ubuntu installation.  I tried following this commit https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu/commit/583fdd269bb796e83cf8c923d371da31f505ee2b and compiled the Ubuntu image, but the device does not boot up. Since I am new at compiling and stuff, I am unable to understand what should be done. It would be of great help if the device support is added to the Ubuntu image. Also, since I am not in China, I couldnt downlaod the Android source from baidu. Please upload it to Google Drive like for other devices.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 6/27/2019 18:02:22        Only Author  2#
I believe it was a mistake that I bought this board without much research on software support. Anyway I managed to boot my Ubuntu image and get the WiFi working. Time being my issue is solved. But never in future will look to buy from this company or look for support.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/23/2021 18:18:05        Only Author  3#
Hi

@kgshank55 are you able to help me understand how you fixed your problem? I am also struggling with essentially the same issue (different TP-Link dongle) and can't get ubuntu to accept the driver module!

Thanks

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list