Firmware compatible or Porting? From other boxes

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 2/13/2015 03:20:51        Only Author  1#

Firmware compatible or Porting? From other boxes

Hi there! I want to use a VEOLO 4K rom/firmware and I wanted to know if anyone tried it already or other's boxes...

If not compatible, is it possible to port it and be able to get features like audio pass-trough?

Tthank you

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 2/13/2015 10:35:37        Only Author  2#

Re: Firmware compatible or Porting? From other boxes

I guys, I have tested Veolo 4K and it boots but it has bugs, so I do not recommend it.

BUT r28 firmwares WORKS, and guess what, IT IS WAY BETTER than firefly Android Rom. Way faster in everything! Video, opening apps etc.. NO LAG AT SPMC. Rooted by default, google play by default etc. Everything WORKS except HDMI audio. SPDIF audio works AND HAS TRUE PASSTROUGH DTS/AC3 sound, but HDMI audio doesn't work at all. Is here anyone able to make a dual boot version with this instead of the original firefly firmware?

And, is it possible to fix HDMI audio?

PLEASE FIREFLY TEAM, check out wasser-2.0.5 firmware for beelink r89 or tronsmart r28. Use their rom tweaks and fix hdmi audio and you will have a stunning platform.

Regards

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 2/13/2015 13:53:42        Only Author  3#

I guys, I have tested Veolo 4K and it boots but it has bugs, so I do not recommend it.

BUT r28 firmwares WORKS, and guess what, IT IS WAY BETTER than firefly Android Rom. Way faster in everything! Video, opening apps etc.. NO LAG AT SPMC. Rooted by default, google play by default etc. Everything WORKS except HDMI audio. SPDIF audio works AND HAS TRUE PASSTROUGH DTS/AC3 sound, but HDMI audio doesn't work at all. Is here anyone able to make a dual boot version with this instead of the original firefly firmware?

And, is it possible to fix HDMI audio?

PLEASE FIREFLY TEAM, check out wasser-2.0.5 firmware for beelink r89 or tronsmart r28. Use their rom tweaks and fix hdmi audio and you will have a stunning platform.

Regards

why you don't buy beelink r89 or tronsmart r28? it must be best for you.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 2/13/2015 22:02:41        Only Author  4#

Well that's an easy question to answer:

-Got it cheap from a friend.

-I don't live in China so it's not easy to get any product I want, at decent price.

-Almost the same hardware in every RK3288 box, so why pay 2x more for Veolo 4K e.g. ?

-This has a dual boot Android/Ubuntu official.

-I didn't know the real performance before buying it.

-And money doesn't stretch to just getting new tech product, "just because".

And BTW, sarcasm/irony? Sir, did I offend you somehow? If you don't want nor can't help, please don't post that kind of comment. Thanks.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 2/13/2015 22:58:23        Only Author  5#

And BTW, sarcasm/irony? Sir, did I offend you somehow? If you don't want nor can't help, please don't post that kind of comment. Thanks.

+1

He also posted some rude comments in all my threads.

Firefly community is about sharing and asking questions, not being funny to other users.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list