My Firefly RK3288 is dead.

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/3/2015 22:55:08      1#

My Firefly RK3288 is dead.

My Firefly ie dead. I followed the "wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/Firefly-RK3288/Build_Ubuntu_rfs/en" procedure and loaded misc.img and running miniroot successfully. The procedure failed because not enough space in /dev/mmcblk0p1. I tried with an SD card mounted on /dev/mmcblk1p1, but this was unsuccesful too. Now I want to try the recovery procedure, but this is not possible. After various attempt to get the card working, la last situation is that it doesn't respond to any solicitation. The OTG-USB cable is connected and the program is running. I tried both Windows and Linux programs and pcs, but it seems that the otg-usb it is not recognized. I have a second card, but I'm afraid to make any attempt to change somethingand put even that completely blocked.
What can I do to fix this? I spent a lot of time looking at forums in search of a suggestion, but I didn't find a solution.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/4/2015 17:03:33      2#

Re: My Firefly RK3288 is dead.

I don't know how to enter the maskmode on Firefly and wich utility I should use.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/4/2015 22:58:29      3#

Re: My Firefly RK3288 is dead.

Sorry, but the problem is: how to enter the maskmode...

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/15/2015 00:11:38      4#
ganggangstyle-e Posted at 3/6/2015 15:23
for my experience.
    1.in the mask mode is press reset button and quick press recovery button and ...

Dear all,
Many thanks for your suggestions, and excuse me for my delay answering. Me and a friend of mine we have been engaged to get operating the dac hardware that is the basis of our project. We worked on the kernel 3:19 and we had to correct many settings, incorrect or inappropriate, that we found inside the Firefly basic kernel 3:10. We added also the driver for our hardware.
Now everything works fine, but booting on an SD card generated with a perfectly working Firefly card. The entering the "mask-rom mode", even after the execution of the procedure suggested by busybee in its post dated 3/5/2015 17:01:50, is no possible. We, still now, cannot write into the eMMC, nor into the SD card. It seems the otg is out of order, but I have not tools for testing it.
Any suggestion?

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list