Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

3rd party rk3288 android images on Firefly?

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

3rd party rk3288 android images on Firefly?

Posted at 3/11/2015 18:12:13      View:3170 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
I am using my Firefly board mainly for running Kodi. As there is no compilation available for Ubuntu on ARM, I have to run Android. Problem there, is that there hasn't been any android image released with the ethernet issue fixed. It mostly runs fine under wifi, but occasionally the signal drops and causes playback to freeze. There seem to be other suppliers of solutions built upon the rk3288 board with newer images released. Would it be possible to download such an image and install on the Firefly or are there proprietary code required for Firefly's version of the rk3288 board?

On my wishlist is a precompiled image ready to install, containing Kodi and the best possible setup for video playback (up to 4k) running as smoothly as possible.

Cheers,
Tomas

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 3/12/2015 03:33:22        Only Author  2#
Last edited by cappybob In 3/12/2015 03:42 Editor

Eldflugan I am not familiar YET, with Kodi, but I have seem many entries and discussion at another website I frequent. http://www.freaktab.com/search.php?searchid=1455510.  I bet someone has the same issue.  I am looking into dvb-c/t.  An option which is on the Firefly board I believe, but not developed.   The SDK used by these RK32's are the one from FireFly, so basically look for rk32, ap6335, and 2G of ram.  If you have all (3) the OS should work out of the box to say.  If you have Questions ask, for they have a nice feature called new posts which you can check to see if you have been answered with very little paging and surfing.

-latter cappybob

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list