Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Reading RK3288 cores temperature

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits

Reading RK3288 cores temperature

Posted at 7/1/2015 05:21:28      View:11081 | Replies:8        Print     [Copy Link] 1#
Hello,

Does anyone knows of a command that would work with the stock Ubuntu release to read processor cores temperature?

Thanks

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 7/1/2015 15:55:56      2#
return0 Posted at 7/1/2015 07:54
I have not (yet) tried, but you should be able to use lm-sensors on Ubuntu -> http://www.lm-sensors. ...

Thank you,

I'll give a try to lm-sensors asap.

In the meantime I found a set of pseudo-files such as:

/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp0_input

When I "cat" the file I get a sensible result (between 40 and 62 depending on the load). There are also temp<1 to 3>_input files, but a "cat" yields the same result whatever the index. I'm wondering if there are several temperature sensors inside the RK3288 - say one sensor for each core.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 7/2/2015 21:04:32      3#

I have not (yet) tried, but you should be able to use lm-sensors on Ubuntu -> http://www.lm-sensors.org

I gave a try to lm-sensors but it returns temperature equal to 0 for tsadc. The same for the GUI tool Psensor (maybe that Psensor is based on lm-sensors?).

1. Uh? Perhaps you want to clarify where the temperature below is read from then (Firefly RK3288):
Copy the code

If I "cd" to "/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device" and then type "cat name; cat temp0_input;... cat temp3_input"
I get :
rockchip-tsadc

Of course the values displayed vary with the current load but they stay close to each other. If I have correctly understood the TSADC chapter of the TRM the temp0_input could be the “reserved” channel, the temp1_input could be the CPU channel, and the temp2_input the GPU.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list