Print Previous Topic Next Topic

pcduino vs firefly: 1-0 for now

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

pcduino vs firefly: 1-0 for now

Posted at 10/27/2015 07:09:57      View:2927 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
I bought a firefly to replace a pcduino openhab setup, including use of nrf24l01. I would however love to see the support tools which were available for pcduino (kernel modules, c environment for arduino-style development) - at the moment I’m stuck at trying to understand a rather cryptic “Using SPI” page on the wiki - as I'm not mastering kernel stuff.

Is there any change of improving the Using SPI-page to make it more noob-friendly, or - and that would be brilliant - to provide similar tools/support as pcduino ?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 11/4/2015 03:10:18        Only Author  2#
Update: It took a lot of playing around, but after a couple of days I managed to get spi working in userspace. Unfortunately, I still encountered a lot of problems getting gpio pins working, so finally I settled for a different solution: NRF24L01 hooked up to an arduino, and a uart connection between the firefly and the arduino. Technically it works like a charm now - but I'm still a bit frustrated having to hook up some extra hardware to be able to make things work :/

I do wonder however: 49 views, but no reply. Am I the only one interested in having some more support in this area ? Or maybe I just don't understand enough on how things work and have others no issues integrating their hardware with this platform ? Would really love to hear some other people's thoughts.

Cheers!

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list