Print Previous Topic Next Topic

mackodi/macspmc: KODI and SPMC on LINUX for firefly and fireprime

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits

mackodi/macspmc: KODI and SPMC on LINUX for firefly and fireprime

Posted at 11/4/2015 20:42:57      View:3631 | Replies:0        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
mackodi/macspmc V0.1.1: KODI Isengard 15.2 and SPMC Isengard 15.0 for LINUX on RK3188, RK3288 and RK312X
(testrelease: i only tested this on my own devices - mk809iii, firefly, radxa rock2, ugoos ut3s and fireprime (the latter: sound only through audio jack))

Wintertime has just started, evenings getting darker and colder. So what's better than a new and improved kodi release for your rockchip linux device?
After having spent way too many hours of compilation, building, packing and unpacking images -over-and-over-again- on a terribly slow computer, finally an update!

Now running more smooth (using androids native surfaceflinger as window composer), added better video decoding (zero-copy-ing frames, 60 fps) and better media support (HEVC/H265). And for those having other rockchip devices than RK3288: RK3188 and RK312X are now supported too! (disclaimer: I only tested this on my good old mk809iii RK3188 device and my FirePrime (sponsored by firefly): so would be interested if this runs on other devices too!)

Short release notes:
- mackodi*0.1.1: kodi isengard 15.2, latest stable release (october) using surfaceflinger, zero-copy-ing decoded video frames and HEVC/H265 support
- macspmc*0.1.1: spmc isengard 15.0, latest stable release (july) using surface flinger, zero-copy-ing decoded video frames and HEVC/H265 support
- machybris*0.1.1: support for RK3188, RK3288 and RK312X devices, support for Androids native surfaceflinger as window composer
- packages for ubuntu trusty (14.04), utopic (14.10), vivid (15.04) and debian jessie (8.x)

For fireprime there might be a sound issue: on my prime i only get sound through the audio jack and not through HMDI.  But i also have this for all other audio apps like mplayer or aplay. So i wonder if people that have good HDMI sound with mplayer or aplay on fireprime also experience good HDMI sound with kodi or spmc. Issue has probably nothing to do with kodi or spmc as same code works OK for other RK3188 and RK3288 devices...

Have fun!

And if you like it: please get me a faster computer by giving a small donation; it will benefit my impatience during compilation/building, my nails and future releases; any help is welcome!

Donate...

Cheers -- mac-l1

----

HOW TO INSTALL
See: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3288-devices/534861-mackodi-macspmc-kodi-and-spmc-on-linux-for-rockchip-devices

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list