Firefly-RK3288 Slackware Arm

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/17/2016 17:45:54      1#
Last edited by AussieJohn In 4/17/2016 17:47 Editor

hi I've actually been trying to download the files directly off you website and theres a 500mb and 2gb ones i can't seem to download because randomly anywhere upto 51mb worth of downloads it drops the connection and i have to start again. wouldn't bother me but the bandwidth isn't great, infact i average about 10kb a second. if i could resume where i left off in the download it would be great because then i could leave it running and it wouldnt matter if the connection drops, if possible can you fix that on your server end by any chance?or maybe upload it somewhere that has more bandwidth?

Reviews

hi, Aussie John I know there is a problem with the return file. 1 made compression 2 did torrent  Posted at 4/19/2016 00:20

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/19/2016 09:06:49      2#
hi mara, thanks so much for getting back to me, tired to download the torrent as that would be the best way for me to download without worrying about a dropped connection however i can't download the torrent file you posted, it says 'Forbidden' when i try to

I'm really excited to try out slackware so hopefully i can get this going soon

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/19/2016 13:59:50      3#
mara, thanks its working now, ill download and install tonight
I'm no expert in linux but let me know if i can help out in anyway with testing etc and id be happy to

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/19/2016 19:41:18      4#
mara
sorry to bother you again, I'm still having trouble downloading the xfce image, I've got every other file but that one drops the connection randomly still.
I've tried the torrent but theres no seeders

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/20/2016 06:20:58      5#
thanks mara, i was able to download that last file, I'm at university right now but when i get home ill flash my firefly and let you know how it went
thanks again for all your help and for spending the time getting slackware running on this board

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/20/2016 19:19:17      6#
Last edited by AussieJohn In 4/20/2016 19:29 Editor

update:
I've flashed all the files to the correct locations etc using androidtools but when i boot the firefly theres a kernel panic that says
[ end kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,1)

i haven tried reflashing a couple times but I'm not sure what to try next? i had a look at the parameters.txt but im not sure what i need to change

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/21/2016 14:50:41      7#
Last edited by AussieJohn In 4/21/2016 15:24 Editor

mara, I'm having no luck getting it to work
tried androindtools and it flash with no error but hangs whole looking for root fs
tried the linux script to flash emac and it has same error on boot
also tried the sdcard script but i don't seem to be able to boot from sdcard
it appears to me that its failing to detect the root partition set in the parameters.txt file, perhaps theres is something wrong there?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/22/2016 11:27:35      8#
Mara I have tried using. Your sdcard script but it fails to boot with the same error so I think I'm doing something wrong with either the script or the boot process. I may still be trying to boot from emmc?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/22/2016 22:36:25      9#
success!
it seemed to not like the first two sdcards i was using and i got a new one and it worked first go
mara when you get a chance can you have a look at what mac-11 posted because I'm not experienced enough to understand
testing it out on scard so far has been fantastic, haven't had a chance to setup network yet but everything else appears to be good, just wanted to say thank you for all your efforts mara

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/24/2016 18:55:38      10#
hi mara, I've had success with copying the contents of the nand folder to mmcblk1p1, only thing i had to do extra was to create a new partition table and then reflash boot loader, parameters.txt, boot.img, kernel.img
it works now, and so far is running good, a few little issues and tweaks needed but overall I'm very impressed

Use props Report

Return to List
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list