Using Gstreamer to decode 4K video to 1080p

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 7/29/2017 00:27:30      1#
Hello,
I was able to use the hardware decoder and encoder through rockchip-gstreamer plugin. It adds mppvideodec decoder and mpph264enc encoder to gstreamer. Both the encoder and the decoder worked, but the encoded video had really bad quality. I searched in the gstreamer-rockchip sources and I managed to get the hardware encoder working in gstreamer with good video quality. The only way I was able to set video quality was by changing hardcoded values in gstreamer-rockchip source code and then recompiling the rockchip gsteamer plugin.
This way I can set the QP and control the video quality, but I cannot directly control the bitrate, because changing the bitrate in source code seems to have no effect. If low QP is set the encoded video has good quality, but the bit rate is really high. 1080p encoded video with similar quality as the original 1080p video has bitrate 28Mb/s compared to 4Mb/s original video.

In a nutshell, I am able to use the hardware encoder and decoder, but the encoded video bitrate is really high and I haven't figured out yet how to fix this.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem with high bitrate?

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list