Firefly Open Source Community

Title: Request for official Linux SDK link [Print This Page]

Author: vga84    Time: 7/12/2022 04:55
Title: Request for official Linux SDK link
This is a request to make a public link to the Linux SDK source code. The reason why I am asking for this is as follows:

I requested an SDK link from the seller on aliexpress as is suggested in the Firefly wiki. I was given two links - one on google drive and another on baidu. I explored both links and I see that GoogleDrive link is out of date and contains 0.0.1a SDK while a baidu link contains 0.1.0a SDK. So the GoogleDrive SDK link is out of date. I tried to download the SDK from baidu and it refuses to give me the file and suggests to install a Baidu Network Drive application.

This is the thing that I already strongly dislike since I only install open source apps on my PC. However since I had no choice I made a VM and installed this Baidu application in it. Only to find out that I can't download the file anyway, it shows some dialog box in chinese and refuses to go on.

Please, update the SDK on Google drive or make an official public link to the SDK. Have mercy on your European customers.
Author: Liuth    Time: 7/12/2022 09:41
that's weird, google drive already has v0.1.0a months ago, and it has update-bundle to v1.0.0c
Maybe you got a wrong link
I will send you the right link in PM, please don't leak it to someone else
Author: vga84    Time: 7/12/2022 16:36
Last edited by vga84 In 7/12/2022 16:51 Editor

Thank you so much Liuth! Yes your link contains the right SDK version 0.1.0a. I hereby officially promise not to leak this link

By the way, are you aware why this SDK is not in public domain? This looks strange to me. I personally am exploring capabilities of this board for the company I work with. And the fact that SDK is not officially available is OK for our company. We often work with companies that never open source their code and just give you the blobs. But for many Linux enthusiasts who just want to test the board on their own the fact that the SDK is not on officially open sourced will be a deal breaker, they will not want to buy the product and put effort in helping to develop it.  
Author: vga84    Time: 7/12/2022 16:46
And by the way:

Am I supposed to build this on x86 host or I have to use and arm64 host machine to build SDK?
Author: Liuth    Time: 7/13/2022 14:33
The chip vendor doesn't want to see SDK being spread everywhere
SDK is part of after-sales service, only for buyers
For building SDK,  X86 Ubuntu21.04 host is recommended
https://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/RO ... ile-ubuntu-firmware
Author: vga84    Time: 7/13/2022 18:33
Thank you for help Liuth!  By the way. will the link that you gave always contain the most recent version of SDK? I mean can I rely just on this link to always be sure that I am up to date or I have to do it some other way?  
Author: Liuth    Time: 7/14/2022 09:35
vga84 Posted at 7/13/2022 18:33
Thank you for help Liuth!  By the way. will the link that you gave always contain the most recent ve ...

Yes you can, the link will always contain new updates
Author: jayhubbard    Time: 7/14/2022 14:27
Can you send me the link?  I hereby officially promise not to leak it.
gmail sign up
Author: kevinfrei    Time: 7/15/2022 07:10
I would also like the link, please, please Gotta get Ubuntu building for this beastie. Android is a toy...
Author: sayshar    Time: 8/3/2022 01:02
Hi, I just got my own Firefly delivered today. Can I too get the link please?
Author: cuckoo933    Time: 8/26/2022 13:24
Liuth Posted at 7/12/2022 09:41
that's weird, google drive already has v0.1.0a months ago, and it has update-bundle to v1.0.0c
Mayb ...

I bought the ROD-RK3588S-PC SBC but it seems that the seller is not familliar with the SDK.
Can I get the newest version of official Linux SDK link using google drive ?
Author: blondu    Time: 8/30/2022 19:57
Hi, I just got my own Firefly delivered. Can I too get the link please?
Author: Liuth    Time: 9/7/2022 11:22
Please don't ask for links in this post anymore
Contact your seller to get the link
Or email to sales@t-firefly.com

Welcome Firefly Open Source Community (https://bbs.t-firefly.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1