Firefly Open Source Community

Title: Debian 11 SATA is not working [Print This Page]

Author: v.redin    Time: 8/10/2022 16:35
Title: Debian 11 SATA is not working
In u-boot everything is working great - scsi scan shows my disk and I can work with it. After I booting in debian 11 - I can't see my sata disks. After I rebooting to U-BOOT - there is no sata disks here to - scsi scan says nothing. Then I can reflash my uboot to sdcard and scsi can see my sata after this until the moment I boot into debian 11. After booting the Debian - system can't see my sata disks until the next u-boot reflashing...
What can it be? Device Tree is correct due to:
https://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/Core-3588J/usage_sata.html

Moreover - everything is correct due to this...
Author: v.redin    Time: 8/10/2022 19:04
I discovered, that there is the same problem with USB. Moreover - when you plugging USB - kernel sees it but there is no new devices in /dev/ .
There is the same with sata - I see, that system acknowledged it, but there is no such device appeared in /dev
Author: daijh    Time: 8/11/2022 09:47
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean (uboot -> ubuntu?)
Author: daijh    Time: 8/11/2022 09:48
Please tell us the version number of the firmware and try the latest firmware v1.0.1a
Author: v.redin    Time: 8/11/2022 21:47
SDK 1.0.1 not compiling:
********boot_merger ver 1.2********
Infoack loader ok.
pack loader okay! Input: /home/firefly/rockchip/rk3588/check/rkbin/RKBOOT/RK3588MINIALL.ini
/home/firefly/rockchip/rk3588/check/u-boot
ERROR: pack uboot.img failed! fit/uboot.itb actual: 2107392 bytes, max limit: 2097152 bytes
ERROR: Running build_uboot failed!
ERROR: exit code 1 from line 631:
    ./make.sh $UBOOT_COMPILE_COMMANDS CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE

My commands:
./build.sh itx-3588j-debian.mk
./build.sh debian
./build.sh
Author: v.redin    Time: 8/12/2022 15:55
I found the problem - the debian you are compiling with provided SDK had been configured incorrectly. There is such options you configured:
```
CONFIG_ATA=m
CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=m
CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIBTUSB=m
CONFIG_BT_RTKBTUSB=m
CONFIG_IP_VS=m
CONFIG_VXLAN=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m
CONFIG_SCSI=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=m
CONFIG_USB_UAS=m
```
You compiled modules, but lib module on running debian is empty. You should explain in your guide (on wiki) or automate inserting compiled modules to debian compiled rootfs.
Author: v.redin    Time: 8/12/2022 16:00
I found modules in boot partition but they are not installing when you are booting to the system
Author: v.redin    Time: 8/16/2022 15:10
Even you SDK 1.0.1b is not building yet:
********boot_merger ver 1.2********
Infoack loader ok.
pack loader okay! Input: /home/firefly/rockchip/rk3588/check/rkbin/RKBOOT/RK3588MINIALL.ini
/home/firefly/rockchip/rk3588/check/u-boot
ERROR: pack uboot.img failed! fit/uboot.itb actual: 2107392 bytes, max limit: 2097152 bytes
ERROR: Running build_uboot failed!
ERROR: exit code 1 from line 630:
    ./make.sh $UBOOT_COMPILE_COMMANDS CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE

Welcome Firefly Open Source Community (https://bbs.t-firefly.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1