Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Only splashscreen on ubuntu

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Only splashscreen on ubuntu

Posted at 11/18/2014 13:36:22      View:6705 | Replies:10        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
And what does it mean that there is no console? Display manager is working but booting in textmode is not available?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 11/18/2014 14:21:56        Only Author  2#
And what does it mean that there is no console? Display manager is working but booting in textmode is not available?

Yes, you're right. Turning on CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE, the kernel keeps on restarting.
Really odd, we are checking at it.

But this has nothing to do with your upgrade. Have you any serial adapter? I wonder your recovery key just not work.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/18/2014 17:03:15        Only Author  3#

I've reinstalled firmware (with reset button). With ubuntu device is not recognized as "adb" like with android. Pushing reset with power shifts device to "loader" without "adb" stage (I've pushed until windows recognizes new usb device).

Now I need to replace display manager (lightdm) with awesome window manager. I know how to start awesmoe with initrc-file but I don't know how to start it in your image. How can I safely remove lightdm and start xserver with awesome at boottime?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/18/2014 13:07:42        Only Author  4#

May be I can boot via sd-card? Where I can find image of "live-sd"? I've tried radxa sdcard image of ubuntu but it is not loaded. I insert sdcard, reboot micro-computer and there is nothing on the screen. I understand that it is radxa not firefly but?I don't find sdcard image at your site.

I've tried a lot of images to boot from sd last 24 hours

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/18/2014 13:04:13        Only Author  5#

I've installed driver and androidtool but device is not found. Before installation of ubuntu it works but after that there no device. And windows doesn't tell me that some device is added.

Also if I connect micro-computer via usb to linux computer it doesn't see this connection (I check lsusb and count devices in /dev/)/

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 11/18/2014 09:17:41        Only Author  6#

1 Please check the USB cable. Make sure the board is well connected with your host PC during upgrade.

2 The recovery button might need to be pushed and hold hard.

The console does not work at the moment. The framebuffer console in RK3288 SDK kernel is broken.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/17/2014 19:55:49        Only Author  7#

Hello! I am using rk3288 and your image of Ubuntu 14.04. I've installed it like in your tutorial. After that I wanted to turn off autostarting of lightdm and write "manual" word to?/etc/init/lightdm.override.

Now on booting there is only splash screen with "Firefly" word and no actions futher. How can I fix this? How can I fix bootsequence to load console without splash or display manager? Now I cannot flash firmware via androidtool - No Device Found.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 11/18/2014 02:25:00        Only Author  8#

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/18/2014 09:17:16        Only Author  9#

Have you install the driver yet? If not ,please install the driver first.

1、Open the AndroidTool.exe .

2、Connect the board via mini USB ,?press the RECOVERY key then power the Firefly.

3、Then you the?AndroidTool.exe ?will show discover a new device and you can download .

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 11/19/2014 11:28:22        Only Author  10#

My solution is simple. Do not remove lightdm, but use awesome as the default session:

# cat /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/20-lubuntu.conf?[SeatDefaults]
autologin-user=firefly
autologin-user-timeout=0
user-session=awesome

Use props Report

Return to List
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list