Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Windows 10 and Fireduino

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/19/2016 11:34:23      1#
You have to disable driver signing in windows 8 and windows 10 - install the the windows 8 drivers that are provided.  Google how to disable the driver signing, there are lots of websites that tell how to do it.  - I had to do the "push hold reset" "push hold upgrade" "release reset" then "release upgrade" to get Windows to install the drivers, then I had to do it again, adding one more "reset push" to get the serial drivers to install. The serial port drivers took a little while for me. You also have to run the Arduino IDE as "administrator".

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/24/2016 01:57:46      2#
hold reset, push and hold upgrade, release reset, release upgrade, wait a few seconds, push reset again.  After a few more seconds windows should start to install the serial driver (mine just installed generic drivers which did work).  Every now and then I have to do the reset/upgrade button thing to get both my Windows machine, and my Linux machine to see the serial port - not sure why.  On both Windows and Linux the IDE needs to be ran as administrator.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list