Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Firefly-RK3399 launched on Kickstarter: ARM Six-Core 64-bit Cortex-A72

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 3/5/2017 12:06:29      1#
I see some OpenCV and OpenCL files in the BSP, will I be able to do any hardware accelerated video processing like stereoscopic disparity maps/depth with two cameras in realtime, face/object tracking etc even though there are some issues with hardware acceleration on the linux desktop environment? These functions are the sole reason I ordered the RK3399, and it would be a big letdown if the complexity to implement such things required arm assembler knowledge to implement,

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 3/13/2017 15:43:40      2#
Last edited by KD0OHR In 3/15/2017 06:57 Editor

Will the PCIe bus be usable for devices other than modems? I saw the M.2 had 4 pci lanes going to it, maybe with an adapter?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 3/17/2017 14:01:14      3#
The board arrived today, I have to say I am pleased overall, several things I did not expect to be finished on the Linux BSP were actually quite well polished, dragging windows, youtube, pandora worked great after an apt-get upgrade, to say the least, I had cross complied linux and android expecting it would be required to "test it out" and to my amazement a dual-boot configuration had already been installed! The board looks fantastic, high quality and was ready to go out of the box, not to mention I received my board no more than one day after the promised shipping date on kickstarter! This is a first for me with any project on kickstarter and I am impressed! Thanks Firefly!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/4/2017 21:59:32      4#
I noticed an issue with the Linux bsp not acknowledging the PCIe bus power supplies (0.9v,1.8v,3.3v) on boot and not enumerating pci devices. This may be part of the problem. @isle would you be kind enough to move his and my posts to a new thread maybe "RK3399 PCIe broken?"

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/10/2017 04:57:29      5#
So people can use fakeroot and compile for the RK3399 target on that machine (if they set up SD card or external HDD) Could you please have your development team add

CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
to
~\proj\firefly-rk3399\kernel\arch\arm64\configs\firefly_linux_defconfig

Otherwise you get an error message about System V IPC support not being enabled in the kernel when you try to build using the "official Ubuntu method" on the RK3399

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list