Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Question about I2S audio output

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 12/9/2014 11:08:00      1#
│ Symbol: SND_RK_SOC_ES8323 [=y]                                                                                                         │  
  │ Type  : tristate                                                                                                                       │  
  │ Prompt: SoC I2S Audio support for rockchip - ES8323                                                                                    │  
  │   Location:                                                                                                                            │  
  │     -> Device Drivers                                                                                                                  │  
  │       -> Sound card support (SOUND [=y])                                                                                               │  
  │         -> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (SND [=y])                                                                                │  
  │ (1)       -> ALSA for SoC audio support (SND_SOC [=y])                                                                                 │  
  │   Defined at sound/soc/rockchip/Kconfig:54                                                                                             │  
  │   Depends on: SOUND [=y] && !M68K && !UML && SND [=y] && SND_SOC [=y] && SND_RK_SOC [=y]                                               │  

│   Selects: SND_RK_SOC_I2S [=y] && SND_SOC_ES8323 [=y]

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 12/9/2014 17:55:49      2#

Yes!

i use the i2s mode and it works well 。

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 12/13/2014 10:29:23      3#
As I know , the ES8323 PCM mode & I2S mode are the different serial audio data interface.

it is just a  transport type between MCU and Audio codec .

you can check  it on the document of  ES8323_DS.pdf which can be downloaded on our website.

and here :

"The device provides four formats of serial audio data interface to the input of the DAC or output from the ADC through LRCK, SCLK and SDIN/SDOUT pins. The four formats are I2S, left justified, right justified and DSP/PCM mode."

here is the figure of the I2S mode format:

and the pcm mode :

and both of them are delivered  the PCM DATA .

So ,I guees  the “PCM”  from the "aplay -l" command  means the “PCM DATA”, not the  interface。

however, I'm not very sure about it .please tell me if I was wrong.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 12/18/2014 15:20:43      4#
hi , the firefly board use the es8323 as  default Aduio DAC , it's also connect to the I2S0(GPIO6). so.you would do nothing to get I2S out from I2S0(GPIO6).

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list