Print Previous Topic Next Topic

/dev/camsys_marvin & /dev/camsys_marvin1 on Ubuntu

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

/dev/camsys_marvin & /dev/camsys_marvin1 on Ubuntu

Posted at 11/15/2017 03:05:06      View:9536 | Replies:3        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu and trying to read frames from two cameras (OV13850 board) connected to MIPI-CSI ports. From what I understand, it is not supported yet in Ubuntu.

On the Android SDK, I see the two cameras are exposed as /dev/camsys_marvin and /dev/camsys_marvin1. The same marvin driver used in Android is also seen under Ubuntu Linux kernel source code.

What I believe is missing in Ubuntu are the relevant DTS changes to enable the mipi-csi/isp/marvin. Android or Ubuntu, it is still Linux kernel and I belive bringing-up /dev/camsys_marvin and /dev/camsys_marvin1 on Ubuntu must be straight forward.

Is my understanding correct? Could someone throw some light?

Thanks,
San

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/13/2018 16:40:15        Only Author  2#
I got many compile errors while trying to make menuconfig with built-in marvin isp as it pointed in official instruction.

1. LD      init/built-in.o
  2. drivers/built-in.o: In function `vcodec_ion_create':
  3. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/video/rockchip/vcodec/vcodec_iommu_ion.c:267: undefined reference to `rockchip_ion_client_create'
  4. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/video/rockchip/vcodec/vcodec_iommu_ion.c:267:(.text+0x4e218): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `rockchip_ion_client_create'
  5. drivers/built-in.o: In function `camsys_sysctl_external':
  6. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:455: undefined reference to `camsys_ext_fsh_ctrl'
  7. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:455:(.text+0x4919f8): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `camsys_ext_fsh_ctrl'
  8. drivers/built-in.o: In function `camsys_extdev_register':
  9. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:203: undefined reference to `camsys_register_ext_fsh_dev'
  10. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:203:(.text+0x491ba0): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `camsys_register_ext_fsh_dev'
  11. drivers/built-in.o: In function `camsys_extdev_deregister':
  12. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:346: undefined reference to `camsys_deregister_ext_fsh_dev'
  13. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:346:(.text+0x492144): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `camsys_deregister_ext_fsh_dev'
  14. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:393: undefined reference to `camsys_deregister_ext_fsh_dev'
  15. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:393:(.text+0x49225c): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `camsys_deregister_ext_fsh_dev'
  16. drivers/built-in.o: In function `camsys_platform_probe':
  17. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:1577: undefined reference to `camsys_init_ext_fsh_module'
  18. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:1577:(.text+0x492ddc): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `camsys_init_ext_fsh_module'
  19. drivers/built-in.o: In function `camsys_platform_remove':
  20. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:1657: undefined reference to `camsys_deinit_ext_fsh_module'
  21. /home/mike/sources/linux-kernel/drivers/media/video/rk_camsys/camsys_drv.c:1657:(.text+0x4934cc): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `camsys_deinit_ext_fsh_module'
  22. Makefile:969: ошибка выполнения рецепта для цели «vmlinux»
  23. make: *** [vmlinux] Ошибка 1
Copy the code

Sooo... Any ideas? I need to enable DVP port.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 1/16/2018 10:30:58        Only Author  3#
noteMASTER_11 Posted at 1/13/2018 16:40
I got many compile errors while trying to make menuconfig with built-in marvin isp as it pointed in  ...
it cannot use mipi/dvp interface under the system ubuntu.
Wait for Rockchip support, they are working on it.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 2/27/2018 22:01:14        Only Author  4#
leung先森 Posted at 1/16/2018 10:30
it cannot use mipi/dvp interface under the system ubuntu.
Wait for Rockchip support, they are wor ...

I am very dissappointed. Moreover, I can't run Cheese because of rockchip_dri.so error and can't set webcam auto_gain parameter via v4l2_ctl - libwebcam error.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list