Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 2/15/2018 18:38:17     
Last edited by peda In 2/15/2018 18:42 Editor

Hi!

I'm trying to build my own kernel and run that with some debian distribution. After some searching I started with the guide at http://rockchip.wikidot.com/linux-user-guide but these directions seem to fail for me. Here's what I do:

mkdir rk-linux
cd rk-linux
repo init -u https://github.com/rockchip-linux/manifests
repo sync
build/mk-kernel.sh rk3288-firefly
build/mk-uboot.sh rk3288-firefly
build/mk-image.sh -c rk3288 -t boot
build/mk-image.sh -c rk3288 -t system -r linaro-rootfs.img
build/flash_tool.sh -p system -i out/system.img

This is not exactly as described in the linux-user-guide, since it has a "-s 3000" on the second mk-image.sh invocation, but the provided mk-image.sh does not support -s so the guide is clearly wrong (or perhaps just out of date). The above is however consistent with the top README.md after syncing the repo manifest.

Before running flash_tool.sh, I put the device in MaskRom mode, and the flashing seems to work fine. I get this output:

PARTITIONS OFFSET: 0 sectors.
Downloading bootloader succeeded.
Write LBA from file (100%)
Reset Device OK.

After that the board is restarted automatically (as indicated) and I get this on the serial console:

U-Boot SPL 2017.09-g515bbbdeca (Feb 15 2018 - 09:30:26)
Returning to boot ROM...

U-Boot 2017.09-g515bbbdeca (Feb 15 2018 - 09:30:26 +0100)
Model: Firefly-RK3288
DRAM:  2 GiB
MMC:   dwmmc@ff0c0000: 1, dwmmc@ff0f0000: 0
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

And then nothing happens. I got the linaro-rootfs.img file from a tar-ball named "rootfs-debian-20171225(fix a stupid mistake, affect performance since 20170901).tar.gz" that I got from some rockchip site, but that seems unlikely to matter when the problem appears to be that u-boot can't find the dtb and/or the kernel.

At one point I thought that the boot.img that is built with the first mk-image.sh invocation wasn't flashed, but looking in the mk-image.sh script for how out/system.img is generated in the second mk-image.sh invocation, boot.img is indeed added to the system.img so that's not it.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Peter

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 2/23/2018 14:34:30     

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 10/9/2021 21:52:49     
I have attempted these beverages at this bar. What's more, accept the quality and taste is novel, and further check resume writing group reviews to enhance your writing abilities. The blog has covered every one of the endeavors to give u the substantial and real data. More capacity to them for their work.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list