Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Android Dual Cameras Auto White Balance Issue

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

Android Dual Cameras Auto White Balance Issue

Posted at 3/2/2018 08:58:45      View:2985 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hi,

When I connect two cameras (either 2 MIPI-CSI or 1 MIPI-CSI and 1 with DVP) and try to view them simulataneously, the auto white balance of both cameras becomes very poor. It takes a long time to settle, flashing between different balances before generally settling with an orange tint. Sometimes the white balance will be correct, but it will still take >15s to settle. When only one camera is connected, it is fine, quick and correct white balance. I have attached two comparison photos illustrating the difference. DualCameras.png has the two camera feeds side-by-side, whereas SingleCamera.png shows the correct white baalnce with only one camera plugged in.

Due to how the cameras behave, I suspect the two cameras' calibration processes are interfering with each other.

I have observed this effect with both 6.0.1 and 7.1, using the CameraExample.apk. I have attached dmesg and logcat files of me starting the firefly and opening the CameraExample app, if that helps.

DualCameras.png (118.66 KB, Down times: 202)

Dual

Dual

SingleCamera.png (75.68 KB, Down times: 193)

Single

Single

logs.zip

82.79 KB, Down times: 1

logs

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 3/5/2018 18:05:58        Only Author  2#