Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

How To get your brand new RK3399 to actually boot linux.

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 6/5/2018 00:06:21      1#
Regarding the graphics acceleration - I think you might also see errors for missing rockchip_dri.so on the console like I do. The rockchip/teechip trees have the mali drm driver included but are missing the component needed for full accelerated X

On the subject of building your kernel - I have successfully built my own kernel with KVM enabled (work project) & it appears to run fine - I'll need to do it again to enable everything needed for LXD, so I'll report back again on the results

I used a previous version of the instructions that required you to grab their precompiled build tools & the only thing missing from the instructions then was the requirement to point at the correct path

I'm now investigating an issue where the pcie controller doesn't seem to be on (nothing from lspci) whether there is an M.2 card plugged in or not - I've read elsewhere that it may be a device tree thing, so I guess I'll be digging in to which dts file it's using

If anyone has experience with bringing up an M.2 card I'd appreciate any pointers you may have

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 6/11/2018 15:29:30      2#
The packaged linux image from ubuntu won't work, you can either use the firefly/rockchip kernel (4.4.77) - you can recompile & extra modules for that, or you can try & go down the route of building a stock upstream kernel (someone has posted a method for 4.16 here https://github.com/VenKamikaze/f ... rking-4.16-rockchip )

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list