3.14 Kernel

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 1/30/2015 10:05:53      1#

Re: 3.14 Kernel

If I want to build my own 3.14 kernel for Firefly/RK3288 devices what do I have to change in the Chromium kernel source to make it bootable?

What is the correct kernel source to use.

Also for Mali GPU GLES acceleration, what files do I need to add/change in the Firefly Ubuntu RFS?

Anyone tried to compile ARM Linux Kodi with OpenGL GLES acceleration for improved video playback?

Are most things working, what isn't working?

Any help would be appreciated.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 2/7/2015 11:32:00      2#

But the mali.so compiled userspace drivers, where to put them /system/lib?

Do they auto load or need to change something if a new kernel is used.

Do the framebuffer drivers provide any benefit or improvement since they have no X11 support yet.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 2/7/2015 16:12:25      3#

Do the framebuffer drivers provide any benefit or improvement since they have no X11 support yet.

No benefit for X11 support. Its useful for anyone that wants to be build/use an application with EGL/GLES or OpenCL again a framebuffer which is theory should be faster than X11 (although some of the previous mali drivers haven't always demonstrated that) .

So if ARM Linux XBMC is build with EG/GLES support, it would be able to run and maybe play 720p videos?

What about video players like MPlayer, VCL that has settings for OpenGL/GLES, X11, will they run better if GLES is selected?

Also Chrome Browser, will anything render more smoothly, HTML 5 videos on Youtube any difference?

I know VPU drivers is needed for video playback but even RK3188 devices can play 480/720p videos in software on Picuntu, RK3288 is a lot more powerful so 720 and even 1080p might be possible? 4K won't play as that will definitely require VPU drivers.

Will just have to wait for X11 drivers to get released in the following weeks.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 2/8/2015 11:45:35      4#

Just got those Mali fb drivers to work .. short video of GLES 3.0 demo.

Hi

Can you please tell me how you integrated the Mali kernel drivers?

I get compile errors related to GPU when I compile firefly kernel.

If you can maybe upload your kernel/drivers/gpu folder and any other changes you made to compile successfully, I would appreciate it very much.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list