Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 12/26/2018 23:04:15     
Last edited by navigatoria In 12/26/2018 23:29 Editor

Hello penguin,

it was really very difficult to switch to MaskRom mode, I tried with all kinds of metal but none was good. Finally I used a precision screwdriver for model aircraft and I touched the 2 connector TP31 and TP32 and it worked.

To turn on the fireflyRK3399 I used an electric lead that has a switch that I started with my foot because I do not have 3 hands!

But now I'm still in MaskRom mode, to come out and come back in LoaderMode I have to put a microSD card and I start with Press and hold RECOVERY key - Shortly press RESET key - Release RECOVERY key. To return to MaskRom mode I just need to remove the SD card. I used the Balena Etcher for the micro sim card, I put on the "SD" version of ubuntu proposed on the site of firefly (Firefly-rk3399_xubuntu1604_SD_201705151725.7z) but it does not work. I do not know what to do, I used and tried all the firmware, none can flash in the memory because I still have the IDB fail. I do not know what to do except to try to buy a USB to UART Module (CP2104) but I'm afraid of throwing money out of the window. but why the card does not start with the microsd card? I do not understand. You do not have an image that I can download for my SD card and try other than that proposed on the forum?

NOTE : I used this special tip on my precision "mini-screwdriver" to switch to MaskRom mode as you can see in the picture

thank you

tournevis.jpg

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 12/27/2018 10:26:38     
hi @navigatoria, I wish I had your "mini-screwdriver" too.

There might be something wrong with your eMMC flash.
In AndroidTool, when clicking the "ReadFlashInfo" button,
the correct flash size should be shown instead of zero in your case:
flashinfo_Firefly-RK3399_AndroidTool.PNG

However, do not give up hope. You can try:

1. Use upgrade_tool in Linux OS to upgrade the firmware.

2. Use SD card boot, try other model of HDMI display.

3. Use SD card boot, with the serial adapter to monitor the boot sequence.

I've confirmed that the SD boot firmware Firefly-rk3399_xubuntu1604_SD_201705151725.7z
downloaded from
    https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... gAqAamx6cXd6b205eEk
is able to boot and the graphics window system is available.

After SD card boot, it can be confirmed whether your eMMC flash is broken or not.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 12/27/2018 23:39:18     
Thank you penguin, I will try this solution that you propose. I will make photos and I will report. I'll try tomorrow, I have to install Linux first on a live cd or a usb key because I run windows10.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 12/29/2018 02:39:57     
Last edited by navigatoria In 12/29/2018 02:43 Editor

Hello,

I tried with windows10 as you told me but nothing is always this error IDB when the SD card, nothing happens, it does not stay black and I respected everything to the letter. I also tried with 3 different screens in hdmi nothing, it detects the resolution of the card but the screen remains black. I wanted to try with Linux (Ubuntu) to make the SD card and flash the memory emmc but I do not understand anything, your instructions on the wiki is for specialized sites confirmed, it's totally unreachable . Your user guide for linux is really dedicated to people who master the linux terminal to perfection. I have only errors, nothing happens as in the tutorial. For example, nothing here is lost: unzip Linux_Upgrade_Tool_xxxx.zip  
  1. cd Linux_UpgradeTool_xxxx
  2. sudo mv upgrade_tool / usr / local / bin
  3. sudo chown root: root / usr / local / bin / upgrade_tool
Copy the code

I downloaded Download Linux_Upgrade_Tool(Android8.1 need Linux_Upgrade_Tool_for_android8.1), and install it to host filesystem:

and it arrived in my default ubuntu download folder but its commands are incomplete, how to indicate the right paths and what to put as a version to the palce of all its xxxx? I put the version I downloaded but nothing happens, probably I did not put the right way in the command, but I come from Windows, I do not know anything about ubuntu and linux. I'm 2 fingers to give up and make a reason for my card, I can not even sell it because it works more. it's my worst christmas since a long time.

anyway I do not see how the linux system will change anything in relation to windows to flash the rk3399 the problem is not the computer but the card, why it does not boot with the card, it's not logical in my opinion something is broken.

I followed this tutorial for windows and linux, but nothing windows is dead Linux is out of my reach, franchise who wrote this tutorial should really stop drinking alcohol and address the customer as a normal people and not like NASA engineers.

http://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/Firefly-RK3399/flash-image.html

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 12/29/2018 02:48:50     
You can make me a tutorial for the Linux please, but a specific tutorial or I will not have to follow step by step what to do. This is my only hope, after I give up.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

vip

Credits
Posted at 12/29/2018 17:18:54     
Maybe the simplest way to use the serial adapter with SD card boot to detect the real culprint.

If the eMMC storage is confirmed to be broken, you can contact our service for warranty.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 12/29/2018 19:49:03     
Hi Penguin, I will try this option, if it does not work, I will contact customer service to see what we can do. It will be a pity to throw a brand new card.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 1/4/2019 01:34:32     
Last edited by navigatoria In 1/4/2019 01:36 Editor

Hello and happy new year 2019!

Good I ordered today the USB to UART Module (CP2104) official, with $ 30 shipping cost by DHL I hope the customs are not going to ask again $ 30 of customs clearance fee. I also hope that with this USB to UART I will finally be able to run this card because it is unusable. I just have to wait for the shipment from China to France and cross your fingers so that everything goes well. Maybe 2019 will bring me luck with this card.

This is my last hope, if it does not work with that, is that the memory emmc is dead, we'll see.

Use props Report

Return to List
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list