Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Hardware] Firefly-RK3288 Completely Bricked

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

【Hardware】 Firefly-RK3288 Completely Bricked

Posted at 1/25/2019 08:54:49      View:4177 | Replies:7        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hello,

I tried flashing my Firefly-RK3288 via the AndroidTool on Windows 10, but during the process, the system had a bluescreen (I suspect the USB driver for flashing is buggy). Now the device is detected as being in MASKROM mode all of the time (no tweezers necessary), but all commands AndroidTool tries to send get a timeout, even ReadFlashID (which worked before in LOADER mode).

I also tried setting it to MASKROM manually via the tweezer method, but it had the exact same behavior. I looked at the serial output while powering up, but there's nothing.

How can I recover this device?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 1/25/2019 09:40:13        Only Author  2#
http://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/Firefly-RK3288/upgrade_firmware.html

Maskrom mode alsa can be upgraded by AndroidTool.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 1/27/2019 02:36:18        Only Author  3#
It automatically enters maskrom mode, and all commandos there time out.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 1/27/2019 10:07:28        Only Author  4#
anlumo Posted at 1/27/2019 02:36
It automatically enters maskrom mode, and all commandos there time out.

Maybe you need after-sales service.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 1/28/2019 02:56:25        Only Author  5#
Hi, I hope you do not have the same EMMC memory that is dead, we could check with the USB To Uart. I do not quite have the same map as you but the problem seems similar. If you want to look at my post here to see if the problem is the same, if so, you have to make a diagnosis with a usb to uart conection to check what's wrong, you can also see my last topic which explains how diagnosed my problem. On my side there was nothing to do, I returned my card in China, she arrived yesterday, I am waiting for the after sales service tries to repair me to send her back to France,

here is the link of my topic bricked card : http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.p ... &extra=page%3D1

here is the link of my topic usb to uart: http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.p ... &extra=page%3D1

I hope for you that you do not have the same problem as me for your card.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 2/15/2019 04:14:54        Only Author  6#
I can't see anything via serial, and no matter what I try, the device never leaves MASKROM mode or responds to any command.

I guess it's completely dead :/

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 2/15/2019 17:55:54        Only Author  7#
In my opinion yes, I had the same problem and I sent my card in China, I'm still waiting, I see that my card is still unheard of December 27th! Penguin told me that they are on vacation until February 14, I hope he will collect my card at customs, repair it and send it back to me. Finally, I never had the chance to use my firefly rk3399, my only hope is that it sends me my card as soon as possible. but it is sad to see that I can not take advantage of a purchase that I still made December 4, 2018 we are still February 15, 2019 and I still have nothing.

It only remains for you to hope for a miracle like me

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 2/23/2019 11:56:14        Only Author  8#
Well, it turns out that the AndroidTool doesn't work on Windows 10, and the upgrade tool doesn't work on Ubuntu in VMware. I was finally able to find a device running Linux natively, and the flasher worked.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list