Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 2/8/2015 15:57:33        Only Author  1#

Android TV on Firefly

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody tried and managed to install Android TV on Firefly ?

BTW very good platrorm. Really happy with it !

Thx franck

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 2/10/2015 18:23:08        Only Author  2#

Re: Android TV on Firefly

Any detail about "Android TV"?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/14/2015 20:36:00        Only Author  3#
Hello dear Firefly team,

Would you have any news about android TV/lollipop from your end?
I could not find any recent annoucement from Rockchip. I hope this is going to be soon as everywhere others boards are moving to Android TV. But I suppose first Rockchip has to release then you have to port to Firefly?

I am sure everyone will appreciate if you could share some news update you may have.

Thank you
Swobz

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 3/15/2015 01:13:30        Only Author  4#
@swobz

There is a website that I visit which may answer some of your questions.  I myself seem to be confused of what you ask .  ADT-1, Kodi, Xmbc, or another.  You might look here for a third party solution (Those that use RK3288) will be using the Firefly SDK for this is the official release for all RK3288.  http://www.freaktab.com/search.php?searchid=1455510

--later--cappybob

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 3/16/2015 17:37:50        Only Author  5#
Very few APPs can run on Android TV, are you sure you like it?
You better firstly experienced with Google Nuxus Player made by Asus.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/18/2015 00:13:18        Only Author  6#
Hello,
From my understanding, the "Android TV" version of lollipop will be the first one that allows a RK3288 device to be used as if it was a Chromecast stick. For me this is very interesting.

Swobz

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 3/18/2015 21:47:51        Only Author  7#
HI,

for audio-video contents , if you use Vget app from playstore you already can use your box ( or smart tv) like a Chromecast.
For internet page you can use Dolphin browser with its ability to push web pages..

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/24/2015 23:36:39        Only Author  8#
richi Posted at 3/16/2015 17:37
You better firstly experienced with  ...

Android TV on RK3288 and most other platforms is much different from the official Google Android TV which is on the nexus and ADT-1.  Nexus player and ADT-1 rub the leanback launcher which is very restrictive.

Most other Android TV devices will run pretty much every Android app, whether made for phone, TV, tablet, or anything else.

I have a Android on my RK3288 TV device and I also have Google ADT-1.  I much prefer the Rockchip device.  Not only does it have better performance, it is also much more versatile because it will run almost every Android app ever made.  ADT-1 will only run games with the Android tv intent code, but there are several ways around that.

To answer another, you can cast to just about any Android device that had froyo or higher if you have the correct app installed.

Cheers,
-SB

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/24/2015 23:37:12        Only Author  9#
Last edited by sawbones In 3/24/2015 23:39 Editor
richi Posted at 3/16/2015 17:37
You better firstly experienced with  ...

Android TV on RK3288 and most other platforms is much different from the official Google Android TV which is on the nexus and ADT-1.  Nexus player and ADT-1 run the leanback launcher which is very restrictive.

Most other Android TV devices will run pretty much every Android app, whether made for phone, TV, tablet, or anything else.

I have Android on my RK3288 TV device and I also have Google ADT-1.  I much prefer the Rockchip device.  Not only does it have better performance, it is also much more versatile because it will run almost every Android app ever made.  ADT-1 will only run games with the Android tv intent code, but there are several ways around that.

To answer another, you can cast to just about any Android device that had froyo or higher if you have the correct app installed.

Cheers,
-SB

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list