Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Linux] RK3568-pc booting from USB

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

【Linux】 RK3568-pc booting from USB

Posted at 7/20/2022 17:22:55      View:2117 | Replies:10        Print     [Copy Link] 1#
Hi
I have downloaded the correct Ubuntu core to USB and do not know how to boot to this image file.  There is a tool that I have read about that is used to make an image file (driver assist), but this is impossible to download from your site.  The google drive link works but I cannot download the file, it is not allowed.  Also, the official download does not work.  So i  cannot get the file to install onto my device.
Do you have a help file and can you email the file to use?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 7/21/2022 17:20:43      2#
Last edited by STyler In 7/21/2022 18:58 Editor

OK, But when I try to load firmware image for Ubuntu I get 'failed to load' every time.  Is there another way to get Ubuntu running on this device?Also seem to be getting a 'Test Device Fail' in red.  The RKDevTool is connected to MASKROM but something is stopping me using this tool to put an OS on.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 7/21/2022 21:50:27      3#
Last edited by STyler In 7/21/2022 22:04 Editor

I've got a little further.
RKDevTool, in the Download Image area,make sure all the lines link to the image file.  Now it is doing something, stuck at:
'Start to download parameter...'
So now I wait, it's been nearly hr so far.....Now it has finished, and it failed.  :-(
This is just not working, I get the feeling I'll be sending it back.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 7/27/2022 18:13:32      4#
Turns out the flashing did not work for me because of the 'NOR flash' I missed.  you have to flash a utility first, then flash the OS.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list