Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Timeframe for availability of Lollipop on RK3288?

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Timeframe for availability of Lollipop on RK3288?

Posted at 3/17/2015 07:48:49      View:3207 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hello Firefly:

Do you have an estimate of when (or if) an Android Lollipop update will be available for the Firefly RK3288?
I've seen where Rockchip demo'd Lollipop running on the RK3288 in late-2014, wondering if Firefly can/will make something similar available.

Thank you!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 3/17/2015 10:58:55        Only Author  2#
Last edited by cappybob In 3/17/2015 11:22 Editor

Stillgoing, I have heard many stories.  RockChip Ltd I think has changed their next group of releases as far as direct support goes.  I have heard that they would be supporting the board "PopMetal" for the next few releases.  That seems to be what is occurring, this past week "Chromium OS" was released for the "PopMetal Development Board".  Tried build on Firefly  and it didn't fly so to speak, have downloaded the Git and trying to work on the RK3288 build and get it to run on the Firefly, no luck so far.  I think that this is where we are at now.  PopMetal might be where to look every once in awhile, The stories I have heard seem to be true so far.  The PopMetal github atleast the public one is here https://github.com/RockchipOpensourceCommunity.  There has been newer chips released  with newer Quad core.  I have not seen any major entries in GitHub and have seen these newer chips refered to as older chips on builds, guess due to the RK31xx labeling of the chips from indivduals who are developing software.  Confusion right now from the first of the year shows, give them time they will get all taken care of and check PopMetal.

I could be wrong about everything I have said and if so, I appologize.  later---cappybob

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list