Cannot Flash Boot Image, nor boot from eMMC

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 4/29/2015 05:46:39     
Hello,

I managed to brick my Firefly RK3288. Whatever I do (erase flash, low level format, try to update with other images), I cannot seem to get it to boot into anything.

The only thing that works now is Ian Morrison's instructions on how to make a bootable SD card: https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/22Vxc6Sr5Ei

However, I do not get to load the OS from the card, what happens is that when SD card is inside, the system uses it's boot image to load the OS on eMMC (not on the SD card).

So - is there a way to re-flash the boot (or everything) back into the eMMC so that it can start up without SD card?

Thanks!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 4/29/2015 11:50:06     
The error I get when trying to load the boot image is:

Loading loader...
Support Type:RK320A        Loader ver:2.17        Loader Time:2014-11-26 09:28:49
Prepare IDB Fail

I tried getting into MaskROM mode and even when I jump the test point with the capacitor, all I get is the "Loader" mode. Never MaskROM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 4/29/2015 14:48:14     
The last time I saw Prepare IDB Fail was the SD inserted when I execute the upgrade_tool.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 4/29/2015 15:20:21     
what happens is that when SD card is inside, the system uses it's boot image to load the OS on eMMC (not on the SD card).

How did you know the OS is loaded from eMMC when SD card is inserted?
When a bootable SD card is inserted, Firefly will boot from SD card(i.e load related images from SD card).

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list