Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

firefly+fireprime: machybris for developers: exposing rockchip video and graphic

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits

firefly+fireprime: machybris for developers: exposing rockchip video and graphic

Posted at 11/4/2015 20:25:41      View:7354 | Replies:8        Print     [Copy Link] 1#
MACHYBRIS
machybris is a packaged libhybris solution for rockchip devices (RK3288, RK3188, RK312X) that exposes the following android libs that can be used to develop your linux apps:
- graphical HW acceleration (EGL, GLES libs)
- rockchips video HW acceleration (vpu, rkon2 libs)
- androids media service (media lib)
- makes, for instance, kodi / spmc run in linux (just install mackodi)

NEW RELEASE
Finally a new release of machybris (v0.1.1)! It can now also use androids native surfaceflinger as window composer allowing for a smooth vsync at 60 fps. machybris already ran on RK3288 devices, now I also added support for RK3188 and RK312X devices (disclaimer: I only tested this on my good old mk809iii and my FirePrime (sponsored by firefly): so would be interested if this runs on other devices too!)

EXAMPLE SOURCE CODE
And with this release see also some example application code to show how you can use machybris for your application development. See: https://github.com/mac-l1/machybris_examples.git Here you can find the code for the demos that I put on youtube like the h264 movie player and h264 screen recorder. I also put a simple hevc/h265 movie player in there.
Hope this helps to unleash and show the power of rockchip hardware acceleration in linux applications for all of us!

Have fun!

And if you like it: please get me a faster computer by giving a small donation; it will benefit my impatience during compilation/building, my nails and future releases; any help is welcome!

Donate...

Cheers -- mac-l1

---

HOW TO INSTALL
See: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3288-devices/534814-machybris-for-developers-exposing-rockchip-video-and-graphical-hw-acceleration-in-linux-apps

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list