Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Solved] Flashed the wrong linux-boot-miniroot.img

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

[Solved] Flashed the wrong linux-boot-miniroot.img

Posted at 12/19/2015 05:34:24      View:2962 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Last edited by tlgimenes In 12/19/2015 07:32 Editor

Hello guys !

First of all, thank you for trying to help me.

I just bought a new firefly rk3288 and I tried to follow the this tutorial for installing the miniroot environment.

I used the Linux_Upgrade_Tool on linux for flashing the image linux-boot-miniroot.img into the recovery partition, as stated on this tutorial, but, since there are two versions of the linux-boot-miniroot.img, I picked the last one.

I boot the firefly again with the debug serial port connected and nothing happened.

Since nothing happened, I tried to flash the ubuntu14.04 image, but, since I just flashed the miniroot image into the recovery partition, I think the firefly does not boot anymore into recovery mode and thus I can't flash a new image into it.

Do you guys know how can I restore or install ubuntu or miniroot into my firefly ? Or do you guys think I just bricked my firefly ?

Thank you very much !
[EDIT] Sorry guys for taking some of your time. I solved the problem using the rockchip tool for flashing an ubuntu image on a SDcard and boot it normally.

Thank you everybody !

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list