Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Problems with Firefly support

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Problems with Firefly support

Posted at 2/20/2016 07:04:58      View:9367 | Replies:18        Print     [Copy Link] 1#
1) Why are the Linux images in the Firefly Google Drive are not updated?

2) Why developers don't include Linux GPU drivers in the Linux image? Not all of us know how to compile a kernel...

3) Why Firefly company advertises its GPU features and tell us that their products work with Linux as well but they don't mention that there are no working Linux drivers and GPU drivers are only available in Android? This is not honest business in my opinion.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/20/2016 07:55:59      2#
I also second that.

This board crushes Raspberry Pi 3 in terms of raw performance but I still had to go ahead and buy several Raspberry Pi 3s for media center, retro gaming and hobby electronics purposes. My firefly on the other hand collects dust in the corner, because I can't use it.

Raspberry Pi has better software support, drivers and up to date Linux images. If only Firefly had up to date Linux images and better software support then I'd ditch my Intel x86 laptop and switch to Firefly for general purpose computing. Web browsing, Chromium, YouTube, VLC, Kdenlive etc... All I ask is working GPU, VPU and 1920x1200 resolution support under Ubuntu 16.04.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list