Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Could not able to prepare a SDCARD for booting using Mainline Kernel (4.4 versi

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Could not able to prepare a SDCARD for booting using Mainline Kernel (4.4 versi

Posted at 12/16/2016 21:27:05      View:2507 | Replies:2        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
I have a beelink R89 which can work with any firefly image ( at least all of them tested until now works ok).  I ttried to prepare a SD card using 4.4 Mainline kernel but without success.  The screen using HDMI remaine  blank and No signal appear.  Unfortunattely I don'thave UART - TTL connection so I don't know what is wrong.  The SD card image posted in download section works OK but it have 3.10 kernel.   I was able to even replace the kernel with a 3.10 compiled one, and that works as well.  However compiling 4.4 kernel I could not able to load it from sdcard.  I used also method with parameter file, and also with extlink.conf, but without success.  I tried to also use the image found in download section with linux and mainline kernel, but that image is not for SD card, so I slightly changed it, but again no luck.

Does anybody have an Mainline Kernel image that can boot from sdcard and works of course?  I want to leave internal flash untouched in order to be able to boot android when the sdcard is not inserted.

Thank You very much

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

super moderator

Credits
Posted at 12/19/2016 09:43:32        Only Author  2#
hi,spon901
   look at here http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.p ... &extra=page%3D2
   someone use mmind's kernel4.4 boot from  sdcard.
   so ,there is no doult the mainline kernel can boot from sdcard. you have to make your uart debug wok,that is the right way to find your problem.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/19/2016 16:20:54        Only Author  3#
Hi, isle,

I agree with you. Uart debug is the right way.  Unfortunately at this model uart2 is very difficult to solder.  The pads are on the back board under the cpu without holes.  And they are very very small. I don't have right tools for this and I'am afraid if I try I'll destroy the board.  Uart 1 and Uart3 are very easy to solder but not UART 2 (the debug one).  That's whay I want to find a SDCARD image with 4.4 kernel, that somebody use it and works ok.  I suspect that in my case the boot loader that should be written to the sdcard is not correct one.  It works with 3.10 kernel, but not with 4.4 .  So I suspect this is the reason.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list