Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Unable to find SATA3.0 harddrive with Firefly PCIe M.2-adapter

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Unable to find SATA3.0 harddrive with Firefly PCIe M.2-adapter

Posted at 10/24/2017 15:24:35      View:2593 | Replies:2        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hello!

I am having problems finding / indentifying / communicating with my 1TB Seagate Barracuda 2.5"-harddrive, that I have connected to my Firefly RK3399. I am using this PCIe M.2 to SATA3.0-adapter board (http://shop.t-firefly.com/goods.php?id=52), and my HDD is connected with SATA to this adapter.

Listing available disk partitions with 'lsblk' shows no sign of the drive, and monitoring 'dmesg' while plugging the HDD power out, then back in, shows no errors or warnings.

Using 'lspci' I get:
00:00.0 PCI bridge: Device 1d87:0100
01:00.0 IDE interface: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1061 SATA IDE Controller (rev 02)

I have read this thread: http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.p ... p;extra=&page=1
Learning from this I can already say:
1) I find no "/dev/block/nvme0n1p1" which Isle suggests.
2) "Mmind" suggests some solutions on page 2 and on, and I have tried the same without luck.

I am wondering if the adapter is actually supported in the latest kernel, if anyone have similar issues, and if anyone has either a long-term or short-term fix for my problem.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 10/25/2017 16:21:23        Only Author  2#
I suggest you try the newest firmware of Android7.1

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 10/27/2017 03:10:43        Only Author  3#
I am also having this issue. My plan is to boot a debian OS from the sata hard-disk, but for that I guess U-Boot will need to be able to work with the SATA chip. Can anybody tell me if U-Boot will be able to boot the kernel from a SATA disk?

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list