Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Flashing kernel.img not working

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

Flashing kernel.img not working

Posted at 12/29/2017 14:22:32      View:3499 | Replies:3        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Last edited by Echoa89 In 12/29/2017 14:26 Editor

So it's been a while since I worked on my rk3288 (it got crushed accidentally). I compiled the kernel from source like I always use to on 4.4 when I made my overclocking kernel that I posted a how to on my old forum account I can't access anymore.

Anyway the issue is when I flash the kernel.img the kernel doesn't change, tried every combo of kernel+boot+parameter+etc. That I could think of to get it to work but nothing. No matter what I do I can't flash the kernel even though it says successful nothing changes. It's always the same default kernel regardless of what IMG i flash

I'd like to add that I'm using the flashtool from the mini rk3288 board as the links in the original rk3288 wiki are broken and don't go anywhere. Is this a flash tool issue? What is going on with the Android 5.1 source? Did the location for the kernel change?

Any help is appreciated as I'm out of the loop on things and following how I use to do it and how the wiki says to don't work (and wiki isn't up to date it seems)

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 12/29/2017 14:52:36        Only Author  2#
You need to flash a boot.img without resource
if boot.img is with kernel and resource , whatever you change kernel to flash , it was not working.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 12/29/2017 15:27:35        Only Author  3#
Last edited by Echoa89 In 12/29/2017 15:33 Editor
leung先森 Posted at 12/29/2017 14:52
You need to flash a boot.img without resource
if boot.img is with kernel and resource , whatever y ...

My kernel and boot.img are separate, so you're saying I need to pack the kernel into the boot.img now? Didn't have to do that before but if that's the case easy enough
It use to be just flash resource+kernel.img

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 1/2/2018 09:48:29        Only Author  4#
Echoa89 Posted at 12/29/2017 15:27
My kernel and boot.img are separate, so you're saying I need to pack the kernel into the boot.img  ...

U just run "./mkimage.sh" under the root directory of the SDK.
then flash the boot.img , your kernel and resource will be effective

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list